Let it be Lit Again

Let it be Lit Again

A Poem by Josefin
"

A reminder to myself and others that it is the hardest parts of our lives that makes us who we are.

"
The flame that burned had suddenly gone out and the cocky words I so easily had spilled now fled back to the naive hole they swore to never leave again.
Legs unreliable as any other part of my body desperately seeking a way out from this prison of humiliation I sealed myself in.
Now I shook the grid trying to reach the key I foolishly once threw away, too proud to cry, scream and ask for a grace I knew would be denied me. 
Across my prison I heard silent voices and grumblings from the audience who soon would witness my defeat. 
Afraid for real, true genuine fear filling my mind, grewing, overpowering the last of me and that stupid tounge of mine. 
But then a thought, a truth I never could have found by myself now hit me straight in the face by my angel and my friend who saw beyond the pollution my mouth earlier had spewed.
 Helped me understand that mistakes we all can do, but what separates the strong from weak is what we choose to do next. 
Do we let ourselves be imprisoned in a prison of shame, or will we find a way out, a way to over come our fears and move on to new challenges growing ourselves stronger than we ever could have thought possible.
But it is, it is possible.

© 2011 Josefin


Author's Note

Josefin
Hi, would love to know what you think about the style I`ve used and about the poem in general. There is probably something wrong that I have done or could have done better sol lets see if you can spot it ;) thanks in advance! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
1 Review
Added on June 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 27, 2011
Tags: Self-esteem, strength, moving on

Author

Josefin
Josefin

Lidköping, Västragötaland, Sweden



About
My name is Josefin and one day I dream of becomming an aknowledged fantasy author. I am a Swede so my english is far from perfect so please have patients with me. My Belife is that the best kinds of.. more..

Writing