Chapter 4: Carla's New Body

Chapter 4: Carla's New Body

A Chapter by Joshua J. Bracks
"

Carla broke her clay body. Good thing her new master has something even better!

"

From the Journal of Demitri S. Fubu : Exploits of a Dead Woman
Chapter 4 " Carla’s New Body

 

Now, when a golem panics "especially for the first time- it is able to accomplish feats of self-dismemberment that one normally wouldn’t be able to accomplish.  In this case, Carla Quinn managed to destroy her new golem body with a little something that I like to call the, “Face to Floor” technique in which she not-so-gently smashed her onyx marble which, if you remember, was nestled into the center of her clay-blocky, square head, directly into the floor.  The pressure applied to the rest of her head, while striking this single, hardest point, cracked the head into several not-so-equal pieces.

 

This resulted in Carla Quinn becoming blind and bodiless again.  Though, it did not make her thoughtless nor voiceless… so to speak.  In, what she had already christened “ghost speak” Carla screamed as her “mind” raced with images of her dismembered decaying head.  She estimated that, within a week, her body would begin to fester with the smell of rotten meat and within two weeks, her head would follow.  She never was very good when it came to biology.

 

If the handsome horned man could hear this screaming, he did not reply.  He, instead, waited for the screaming to stop before picking her marble up and inserted it into a larger, more articulated golem.  Once again, Carla Quinn could see.  She was now exactly a head taller than her headless body.

 

“You panicked,”

 

“You turned me into a zombie!!!!”

 

“Zombies are contagious.  This…” he paid very little attention to the golem with Carla Quinn’s soul.  Instead, he focused on gluing the one she’d broken back together.  “…Well, I suppose we can call her a Dullahan for now.”

 

“You don’t even know what to call me???”

 

“You’re a golem.”

 

“Not me,” Carla was frustrated with the horned man.  She pointed at her body.  “Me!”  It was at this point that Carla realized that her entire arm, hand included, was made of some sort of metal.  She had a perfectly use-able hand with five fingers, a nimble wrist, elbow and even shoulder.  This piqued her interest long enough for her to turn around and pick up a mirror.  She gasped!

 

“Well, I never had to animate a dead body before.  But rest assured, this is the second best way I could think of to keep your body preserved.”  He didn’t bother to mention the first way.

 

Carla, who was no longer listening, didn’t bother to ask.  She was now too enthralled with her new body.

 

“I’m an android!?!?”

 

“If that’s short for animated suit of armor, then yes.”

 

And that’s exactly what she was, at that moment, at least.  The dark haired, winged, horned mystery man had magically modified many different items within his work shop to take little marbles with souls just like Carla’s and come to life as Golems.  As Carla attempted to dance around in her body " you really couldn’t call anything that Carla had done in-or after her life dancing.  She was just that bad. " her living body walked off into what she assumed was the rest of the house.

 

“This is way better than my actual body!  I’ll be I could live forever in this thing.  Am I right?”

 

“Perhaps.  If you were to oil it regularly and avoid salt water…”

 

Carla Quinn, being satisfied with her new body, began to appreciate the handsome, winged man with a horn and what he’d actually done for her.  She had, not even a day ago, completely given up on life.  Had he not been there to save her, she would have.  He’d even gone far enough to keep her body somewhat in-tact, for her.  Though, she wasn’t so sure she really wanted it back.  This new metal body had everything she needed and nothing that she didn’t.  With it, she’d never be hungry, tired or sore again.  With it, she could possibly live forever.  And this…  angel or demon was to thank for it.

 

“Thanks um…  What’s your name?”

 

“It’s Ebon.”  He stood up and extended his hand to take her’s.  She held her hand out to shake his, but he, instead, turned it and handled her large gauntlet of a hand like he would that of a dainty lady.  “Good to meet you.”

 

“You as well… Ebon.”

 

“And you may thank me in deeds.”  He let go of her hand.  “I must sleep now.”  He locked his eyes onto the marble that was lodged into the center of the helmet that was now her head.  “You may wander about the mansion and its grounds,” he instructed.  “But do not leave the property.”

 

“Right…  That’s because people would freak out at the sight of a bodiless suit of armor?”

 

“It’s because you’ll fall apart.  We begin training when I wake.” 

 

That said, Ebon walked out of his workshop.  Carla tried to follow him, but when she exited the room, he was gone.



© 2013 Joshua J. Bracks


Author's Note

Joshua J. Bracks
Quite possibly just something that happens when I am most bored.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on November 7, 2013
Last Updated on November 20, 2013
Tags: body, golem, ghost, monster, dullahan