Relentless

Relentless

A Poem by Jowm
"

Phycological Warfare.

"

I live my life. I see people. But I see something else. I see that there is a God, one who made me, who chose to make me instead of making another Michel Jackson, or another Elvis, or another Justin Bieber, I see that he chose to make me. And I see that he loves me so much he has died on the cross for me, even knowing that I would never be able to repay him. And I see that he has privileged me to be able to come to his church, and live in a house, rather than allowing me to be a homeless person who doesn’t even know him, or who is part of a gang, or who searches through life but can’t find anything to fill their empty soul. I see that he has done all this, and that he loves those he has made so much, yet there are those who do not know him, who live without life, who sin without regret, who’s lives are complete wrecks, who don’t know what they are doing. I see that there are those who hate so much that they are happy to kill themselves just to end the lives of others. I see that the God who loves so much, and did so much, and watches all this from above, bleeds, sobs, cries out, and is tortured by those he loves so much he died for them. We think of all that he voluntarily did for us when he died for us, the crown of thorns, the carrying of the cross, the kicks, the humiliation of being stripped of his clothing, the Cat of Nine tails, and the death on the cross, but that is not all. What the Romans did to him is not the worst he has ever endured for us, and does endure for us. We overlook a very important fact; that what the Romans did to him cannot even compare to what we as a species do to him on a daily basis. We do even worse, we do not whip him, we do not crucify him, we do not take his clothing, we do not kick him or spit on him, but what do we do? We take knives and spears and axes and we chop his heart into a million pieces with our endless sin. We stab him, we beat him down, and we torture him worse than any Romans ever did with all that we do. We sin and laugh about it, boast about it, look around us, do you not see the sinners? Those who do not know him? They break his heart a million times over every day. Do not hate them, look at them through his eyes. The loved ones, the lost ones, the ones he died for. And this is what they do. Do you feel his pain? Some believed in Gods who required human sacrifice, but we know a God who sacrificed. And here are those he loves, hurting him so bad that the Romans’ acts could never compare. Love them like he does, feel sorry for them and their wrong beliefs, and watch as they punish him for his love for them. But there are those who would stop them. There are those who thank him, who serve him. There are those who he, with blood dripping down his face, looks toward with favor, because they do not knock him down, they try to help him, they thank him for all he has done as best they can, and they try to save him from those he saved.

© 2012 Jowm


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
Added on May 25, 2012
Last Updated on May 25, 2012
Tags: God, life, chosen, loved, kill, death, pain, hurt, heart, given

Author

Jowm
Jowm

About
I am a servant of the one true God and will be for the rest of my days. I am also a big fan of the great Bionicle storyline. I am a writer who hopes you enjoy my work, and who hopes that my writing l.. more..

Writing
What a Fool What a Fool

A Story by Jowm


Beautiful Tears Beautiful Tears

A Poem by Jowm


Repairs Repairs

A Poem by Jowm