The Devil Says Thanks

The Devil Says Thanks

A Poem by Jowm
"

You make someone proud.

"

The Devil Says Thanks

 

Hey, I need to tell you something. The Devil says thanks. He says that you’ve done a good job, and to keep up the good work. He’s proud of you, and wants you to stay the way you are, not fixing your faults, and not taking notice of him. He’s sitting on the sidelines, cheering you on, occasionally intervening when he wants something changed. But he is pleased with your work, and is glad you are just the way you are. He knows all your dark secrets, and is glad you have them. He wants you to keep them just the way you are, distracting your heart, making you ashamed, and he wants you to keep them, rather than relying on God to help you take them away and leave them behind. He wants you to remember your mistakes and failures and to believe that you are only as good as your worst mistake. He wants you to stay the way you are, not eliminating your flaws, but only adding to them. Also, he is the one who gives you your pain, the one who led you to have those dark secrets, and the one who introduced you to your flaws. He lied to you again and again, guiding you toward all your mistakes and failures. He told you he had more for you than God offered, told you anything you wanted to hear, that you didn’t need God, or that God isn’t real, or that it’s easier to forget about God, or anything else to convince you to leave Jesus who loves you. But, of course, the devil can’t make you do anything. He is strong, and deceptive, and can throw powerful corruption toward you, but it’s up to you to catch it. He can’t make you fail, or make mistakes, or follow him. So yes, he cheers you on, and directs you where to step, but you choose to follow. The devil has lies to try to deceive me, but I hold the truth between the front and back covers of my bible, and so do you. He can lie to me, try to mislead me, and tempt me all he wants, but in truth, my worst enemy is me. And your worst enemy is you. Because you are the one who gives yourself the flaws, who causes yourself to fall for his lies, who allows yourself to be led by him. Being human, we cannot be perfect or flawless and will make mistakes, however, force yourself not to give up and to always follow truth, and you will see that you can, flawed as you are, make proud the mighty being so perfect he never made mistakes, so loving he died for us, even those who hate him, and so powerful he can make universes by speaking. Nope, it’s not easy. It’s crazy hard. But there’s this really cool thing that is like fuel to keep you going and keep you strong, it’s called the bible. I looked into it, and found out that, written on those timeless pages, is more than just words. I found that, if I trust him, and what he has told me on those pages, he helps me to stand strong, to guide me in the truth, to see through the devil’s lies. So that is where your strength and trust can safely lie, with him and his word. So fight, resist, refuse to give in to the devil like so many others, you can be exceptional, it’s all in whether or not you will give up and surrender, or stand strong through whatever happens, and always trust in him. It’s difficult but extremely simple. Please choose to become exceptional, to stand strong, and to never give up. Otherwise, the devil says thanks.

 

© 2012 Jowm


Author's Note

Jowm
Comments, critisism, and pretty much anything else appreciated greatly, as always.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this would be better classified as a story rather a poem. Other than that this is amazing. The entirety of a devil thanking you for being rotten and evil is so original and admiring. The lines were really detailed and well done. The sarcasm was cute and I loved every inch of it. The ending was a great way to end it though. All adjectives used and all the pro's and con words really made this a great read. Well done a fabulous write.
-Courage

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
Added on June 15, 2012
Last Updated on June 15, 2012
Tags: dark, devil, proud, thanks, god, truth, lie, lies, deception, bible

Author

Jowm
Jowm

About
I am a servant of the one true God and will be for the rest of my days. I am also a big fan of the great Bionicle storyline. I am a writer who hopes you enjoy my work, and who hopes that my writing l.. more..

Writing
What a Fool What a Fool

A Story by Jowm


Beautiful Tears Beautiful Tears

A Poem by Jowm


Repairs Repairs

A Poem by Jowm