Put The Blame On Me

Put The Blame On Me

A Poem by Jr1201
"

My feelings about events in my life. Very short. If interested in any way I can go more into depth.

"
Why? I keep asking myself that same question. Why. Life has such a weird way of playing out. I have lost myself this past year. I am a mess I believe unable to be cleaned up. Maybe I should of never opened my mouth... allowed all the screaming to be done in my head as I'm used to. People were drawn to laying their fingers on me. I never really understood it. The first time it happened I was so young. I remember it and all of its details. A memory that would never fade. I try to push it out but I'm stuck. I'm still stuck trying to understand it years after the incident. Incident... what a weird way to speak of it. Who can live with themselves taking the vulnerability of a young girl and abusing that trust. I will never understand that and for that question I will never hold the answer to, I hate this world I stand on. The second time was not all that serious to me. I thought maybe it was just a coincidence. My body was screaming at me. "You're older now. You're able to do something. DO SOMETHING!" I was petrified. How could I have done something? Drunk people do things sober minds wouldn't do. Right? That stupid misconception we tell everyone to make an excuse for such an evil substance. Alcohol is a legal drug that drags the demons out of you. We fail to realize that. The third time hurt me. It left me where I am now. I feel dirty. I feel like damaged goods everyday. I get scared to tell people because I think they will want nothing to do with me. I'm more then just scared of dealing with it on my own. Thinking of it brings me to a place much lower than the depths of hell. My mind is my own hell. I'm trapped and I'm not sure how to escape. "Why did you just sit there." A question asked of me so frequently. I am always told it isn't my fault but that question right there makes me feel as though I AM the one to blame. The two previous times broke me but to an extent. I was worried that if I didn't do something this time I would really crumble. Truth is I'm crumbling regardless. I lose my mind wallowing in my own pity or I take action and lose the ones I love. I was stupid enough to take the second option. I should of shut my mouth. The people I have ever loved don't believe me. "It's your fault." Part of me is yelling so loud. "How could you even say that!?" I stick by those words until it hits my throat. A large ball forms blocking the words from having any ability to escape. The other part of me agrees. They're probably right. Which leads to my silence. I have been blamed for this situation. Mentally I am not right. How do I live when I'm one person trying to keep myself safe. I am dangerous. Only to myself. Self destruction is taking place. As a young woman I am forced to take that all in. Males are the superior. A idea I have to live with while I'm suffocating in thoughts that I am not even dared to express. Mental suicide assisted by society. Some how we are able to live with that.

© 2016 Jr1201


Author's Note

Jr1201
It is not necessarily a poem I was unsure what to put it under. Please give me input. I need you guys!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on December 6, 2016
Last Updated on December 6, 2016
Tags: #mylife, #true, #abuse, #mentallygone

Author

Jr1201
Jr1201

PA