Watching you sleep

Watching you sleep

A Story by Y.F.
"

I wrote this piece yesterday (21/01/08), and decided it'll be the first one I share. It's more wishful thinking than fact unfortunately..

"

I like to watch you sleep - so calm and peaceful, without a care in the world.

I like lying next to you and listen to you breathe, anticipate each and every breath as it was your last, enjoying the great symphony your lungs create subconsciously.

 

The night is cold, and you have nothing but the blanket to keep you warm.

Your breath is frosty, and your nose is probably cold.

It’s snowing outside, and the chill of the night runs through my body, but I don’t care, because your presence keeps me warm.

Your body, white as if from a fairytale, makes me embrace the cold, and feel as if it’s a part of the moment, a part of you.

 

I look at your body and see it as is, not in the erotic way I see it when we make love, or the casual way when we have our morning coffee, but as the masterpiece it truly is – the curves and lines, which are like the work of a great artist, the small flaws, which only make it more valuable, and of course, the finishing touch – your angelic face, staring at me with eyes wide shut, as if they see me better that way, see something beyond, something which is unseen to the open eye.

 

Your lips whisper my name with every breath – oh how I wish I could kiss you while keeping you in this state, frozen in time.

But I dare not intrude upon your peacefulness, for I am just an observer, a silent admirer, a nighttime fog who dares not kiss the sky above.

 

When I look at you, I don’t think about fights we might have had, or whatever problems we might have ran into.

All I think about is you, and how I long for you with every breath, yours or mine.

 

I like to watch you sleep, and when I do, I know that despite everything we’ll always be together.

I get reassured each and every single time.

© 2008 Y.F.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautifully penned. A very sweet piece. Nicely done.


Great Write
Rayne

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Y.F.
Y.F.

Do not disturb me, I'm already disturbed. ;)



About
**I don't really use this account anymore - keeping it open to preserve the existing content, but might close it in the future.** I've been writing throughout the vast majority of my life, mostly b.. more..

Writing
Something's Off Something's Off

A Poem by Y.F.


Titled Titled

A Poem by Y.F.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Joyful Times Joyful Times

A Poem by Y.F.