Old friendships

Old friendships

A Story by juanks04
"

my first post, looking for feedback please

"
“What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies”
-Aristotle




Havent you ever asked yourself why is her you best friend? From all the kids that they are in the world, why her? Obviously at the beginning i didnt asked myself this. I was just a 3 year old that ate chalk and ants alone in school. I have known her for 14 years now and i still remember how it all started…


14 years ago…
I sitted in the classroom with other people i have never seen before. It was my first day at school and i was only 4 years old. Why did my parents leave me here? Did they stopped loving me and decided to dump me here? Was that the reason all the other kids were crying? My whole body started shaking. I was just about to cry as i had never cried before. I hold my teddy bear as hard as i could. Then i noticed it. Someone was trying to grab my teddy. My only friend at the moment was beeing kidnapped by someone. I held teddy harder and lifted my head. There she was. Her two ponytails felt through her tiny nose and her little eyes. Her eyes were red and tears ran down to her cheeks. “Wha..Whats wrong?” I had never talked to someone before. “My…I left my teddy at home and i am really scared. He is my best friend. May i play with yours?” I looked at my teddy. I knew what i had to do. I stood up and left. I abandoned her with all the other kids.


Years later..
“For the last time, who stole the exams from the professor´s computer?!” Said the 11Grade discipline dean. I was sitting next to the guys from the chess club in our school´s auditorium. Around 150 people sat along with me. “If no one stands up and takes responsability of his or her actions, the whole grade will fail Mr.Yankel´s class” The whole room exploded. “Its not fair!” “This is a dictatorship” Everyone was looking for the responsable. Everyone except me and her. I thanked to god for every mistake i made that led me to meet her. She had been dating the captain of the football team. He was a d****e, but he was intouchable. He had more power than the principal himself. He had so much power that he managed to convince my best friend to steal the exam for him. I turned around and our looks met. We have been best friends since we have memory. I could notice the irritation in her eyes. Even though she was sitting 5 lines behind, i could se how her blue eyes were turning red and wet, just as the eyes from that little girl that lost her teddy. Her boyfriend was supposed to be sitting next to her. Empty. I looked at her and instantly knew what she was going to do. I shaked my head and whispered “no” hoping she could read my mind. It wasnt her fault, she just made a mistake. She was president of her class, captain of the basketball team and the must intelligent person i had ever met. She was my best friend. I saw how she grabbed on to her sit and stood up. The whole room went silent. “ Yes mrs. Kalligan? Do you know who did this?” I kept looking at her, our eyes never broke the bond. I knew what she was going to do. She was too noble and kind that she was willing to sacrifice herself, her school life and her scholarship, for the whole class. “ I did, me and no one else” I could see how the director almost fainted. He recovered his color, which started turning red. “ Come to my office, now mrs. Kalligan” She looked at me with a look no one had never give me before. She walked out of the room, that was still silent from what had happened. Then everyone started shouting at her. How couldnt they see that she had just saved their life? She left the room. Why was she like that? Why did she needed to be the hero? That was her nature, but every hero needs help once in a while. I stood up and ran. It wasnt fair that someone like her, was going to have her life ruined because of a mistake. I ran through the room and reached to the door. I opened it and found the principal and her talking in the hall. Tears ran down on her face. “Now its not a good time, go back to your seat” said the director. I knew he knew that she wasnt cappable of doing that. “No sir, i have been waiting for this time for 14 years” I looked at her, and reminded me of that little girl. “ I abandoned you once, but i wont do it again”.

© 2015 juanks04


Author's Note

juanks04
Ignore spelling and grammar, please feedback

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on July 15, 2015
Last Updated on July 15, 2015
Tags: shortstory, writtenpoetry

Author

juanks04
juanks04

Mexico



About
New writter looking for feedback more..