Russian Eyes

Russian Eyes

A Story by Judith Reznor
"

This is based on something that actually happened to me and something... strange.

"
Do you know the feeling of having a pair of eyes stab right through you? Or have the feeling someone is watching you? Every so often whenever I was in my car by myself, I could feel someone watching me. I would always look to see if there was, but I never saw anything. No cars beside me, no cameras on any traffic lights. Even when I wasn't driving, I could feel someone watching me.  The weird thing was, is that it was only when I had just dropped off my best friend, Natalia, at her house, or whenever I was extremely upset when I would feel this way. I had no particular reason why I thought there was someone with me or watching me, because I would always do what was expected from me. I would wake up, go to school, go to work (which Natalia works at as well), go home and do it all over again. 
One particular night, I was extremely stressed out from my schooling and work and was getting upset. I decided that I should go take a nap before I had to go into work. I felt like someone was beside me, but I didn't think anything of it since I was the only person home at the time. I went to my bathroom, brushed my teeth, and as I went to put my hair into a ponytail, someone appeared beside me in the mirror and I froze. 
It was a female with messy auburn hair that had her bangs cut straight across over her eyes, and a dirty, tattered beige and blue clothing covering her. She was just looking at me in the mirror as she raised a small hand and carefully placed it on my shoulder. When I blinked, she vanished without a trace. I shook my head, thinking I was just overly tired from work and school. 
When I woke up, I went to Natalia's house to go to work with her. I sat in her room as she got ready, and she was telling me about a picture she had painted earlier that week of a woman. She pulled out the painting, and when I saw it, my eyes widened. It was the same woman I saw earlier that day. I told her about what I saw, and as I told her, she looked at me and quietly told me that the woman I saw, was her biological mother from Russia who had passed away several years ago. She told me that she sees her mother as well, and her mother often shows herself in front of people that Natalia is extremely close to and cares about, and has a tendency to watch over them. Chills went down my spine as she told me this; I never experienced anything like that. 
After a few months, the feeling of her being there went away, and I didn't think much of it. I just thought she would be there when I needed her. I was correct. About a month ago, I was extremely depressed to the point of considering taking my own life. I sat on my bed, thinking of how I would take my life, and that's when she appeared. She was right next to me on my bed, leaning on my shoulder as if she was trying to comfort and protect me. That's when I realized it. Natalia's mother needed me to be there for her. To stay in the world for Natalia and protect her since she couldn't be there. Not just for Natalia, but for my family as well...  
Now, whenever I feel as if someone is next to me, that it's not just me... it's her mom keeping her eyes on me...


  глаза

© 2013 Judith Reznor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow... in the beginning it was a bit scary but then it turned out so nice.

I can understand the feel since I have that feeling all the time. Not the staring, but yes the presence and the feeling increases when I'm at my parents. That feeling makes us feel safe. :)

This is a good start for a full length novel. This can be the prologue or the summary. That is just an idea.

It was an interesting read, really liked it. :) :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very interesting I was shocked about the mother

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow... in the beginning it was a bit scary but then it turned out so nice.

I can understand the feel since I have that feeling all the time. Not the staring, but yes the presence and the feeling increases when I'm at my parents. That feeling makes us feel safe. :)

This is a good start for a full length novel. This can be the prologue or the summary. That is just an idea.

It was an interesting read, really liked it. :) :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 17, 2013
Last Updated on June 17, 2013
Tags: Russia, Natalia, watching

Author

Judith Reznor
Judith Reznor

Massillon, OH



About
First things first; Judith Reznor is the name I write under. I came up with the name because Judith is a song that I feel describes my past, and Reznor is the last name of a musician that highly inspi.. more..

Writing