Life Sparks

Life Sparks

A Poem by Judy Ponceby
"

Appreciating feathered nature...

"
Watching the sparks of life
winging around my feeder.

Listening to the chirrup,
tweets, whistles, and calls.

Wondering at the variety
even among such small wonders.

Shapes, colors, behaviors, sizes
every species their own.

Every individual its own.

Wondrous creations.

© 2011 Judy Ponceby


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. your words sparkle ... always ...
. the "feathered" are indeed such a marvel ... and so very inspiring and alive ...

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My Dear Writing Friend Judy,
A beautiful poem that brought to the forefront of my mind a very clear picture. I love my bird feeders but here in Alaska I have to quit feeding during the season of the bear, as feeders bring those furry critters in. Nothing like opening your cabins door and finding along with all ones feathered friend’s a thousand pound plus furry critter eating more than their share.
Last winter while sitting in front of my big window reflecting on the birds at my feeder the posted poem titled “Bird Feeder” came to me. I wish I cold live more like a bird being content with life in the here and now.
Your poem I feel is my personal favorite of your so far. Keep up the beautiful word pictures my friend as with this one you have painter a word master piece.

Blessings, Laughing-Bear


Posted 12 Years Ago


How i love watching the birds and butterflies filling my garden, and you remind me of why! The beautiful music and vibrant colors and more.. like living works of art!

Posted 12 Years Ago


i love the simplicity of the piece. it speaks of beauty that on an average day would be taken for granted.

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is such a sweet piece and a gentle observation of the wonderous life that abounds in nature!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You have the heart of a naturalist and the eye of a poet--both abilities, way above average.
Love the poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 11, 2011
Tags: Nature, Birds, Appreciation

Author

Judy Ponceby
Judy Ponceby

Swanton, OH



About
I am me. Living life. Learning love. And laughing. A poem begins in delight and ends in wisdom. – Robert Frost more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Miracle Miracle

A Poem by Akshat♥