Misted Nightmares

Misted Nightmares

A Poem by Judy Ponceby

Misted nightmares seep through crevices of my poorly armored mind.
Seeking entrance to give wretched life to multitudes of hidden fears.
Terror-laden visions gain fodder from life's dark abyss.
Suppressed fear and anguish roiling beneath the surface
Inflict anew the pain and failings of one's existence.
And so, I battle to fend off the failure and loneliness accrued.
Clawing my way to wakefulness in the scream-wracked night.

© 2011 Judy Ponceby


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a nightmare!

You describe this whole ordeal with such intense detail - I feel as if you're describing the inner workings of every nightmare I've ever had that refuses to completely detach.
And the way you come out of such nightmares?
While some end in jerks to consciousness, where the terror simply slides off your back, others end in a way that can be described perfectly by the last line in this piece.

Love this - and love how it's so different from your pieces I'm used to!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Miss Judy,
Great verse, nightmares are no fun, especially for the children we once were.

BZ

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a nightmare! Well penned Judy!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is some nightmare. The first sentence dragged me in and the last sentence left me wanting more. I liked it a lot. Great write.
♥ Ta'Shandra

Posted 12 Years Ago


"Clawing my way to wakefulness in the scream-wracked night." And how is it we had the same nightmare?? I'd have to say this one rocks my mind.. It screamed right past my armored mind and landed in that place where fear dwells.. and I really don't like that spot lol...xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


With all the real-world nightmares plaguing us during the day, it seems they ought to leave us be at night.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautifully articulated! It seems by night all that we hide away with smiles and hope, still rears its ugly head by the twilight. Really well written and expressed. I love this piece!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
absolutely brilliantly expressed
it's just excruciating
to struggle with sleep
and it takes a lot
to overcome
nightmares
and nightmarish
experiences

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sometimes it our own thoughts of insecurities and past failure than conjure up these nightmares....
This piece is something many of us go through, though I have to say at times reality can be much worse.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Someone with this affliction would naturally dread bedtime--every night. Also, it is likely they are--for lack of enough restful sleep--chronically groggy during the day.
Your last line is starkly expressive.
You've played a dark little number here, Judy--but I have no doubt it is reality for some.
Just hoping that, now, having read this scary piece, nightmares won't be my reality tonight.
Thanks a lot, Elvira!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 21, 2011
Last Updated on July 21, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

Judy Ponceby
Judy Ponceby

Swanton, OH



About
I am me. Living life. Learning love. And laughing. A poem begins in delight and ends in wisdom. – Robert Frost more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Deja vu Deja vu

A Poem by Muse


Gasoline Gasoline

A Poem by Muse