step in faith

step in faith

A Poem by Judy Ponceby

hand 
over
hand

step       by step

crossing this wretched foot bridge

large          g ap  s                   loom

don't look down
down
down 

towards the scrabbling masses 
reaching  up 
up 
  up

to 
tear you from your perch

head up
hands on the rope
your feet walking in faith.

only then,

 will you reach 
your 
heart's 
desire.

© 2011 Judy Ponceby


Author's Note

Judy Ponceby
When I was four or five, I watched my father walk across a rickety old foot bridge with missing slats across a huge ravine. This memory has been replaying itself in my head quite a lot of late and this is what came of it in my writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

All those bridges over all those waters, that cry and sigh .. Finally a heart gets THERE .. and touches it's desires ..

I LIKE ! .. Jazzy

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the photo and the words. I like how you set-up the poem. Allowing the reader to feel the journey. I like the positive ending. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


A great metaphor for the precarious steps necessary to reach our goals! The hardest step is the conquering of fear; following that, all else is doable. At least you had the benefit of a great exemplar, your Dad, who could hold your hand both literally, at the moment, and emotionally, in similar situations throughout your life.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Judy I love this piece. The form is fabulous, but really, I find that the emotional content--the careful reaching--having faith--that all will right itself--is what makes this poem so specially. Really wonderful work Judy!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The unsure step finds its way, slowly, slowly, very slowly. Your poem shows me more than maybe I should see; the doubt of how, the uncertainty of where and why, the hurdles and the unseen .. nothing certain except what we imagine and that's very often far too much.

This is a thinker's post, a test of faith, a trial and error but an eventuality. Great writing, Judy, truly.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very nice Judy.. I love it as a whole the story and the style..xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


Can a man achieve holiness in his actions I do not know But h can achieve happiness and be remembered fondly

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


this was a differnt take on a poem. Love the idea of a step ladder of words. it is a true art form with words the grip you with such meaning. Awesome Job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


very nice and I love the originality, took a chance and made art...

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

575 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 14, 2011
Last Updated on October 7, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

Judy Ponceby
Judy Ponceby

Swanton, OH



About
I am me. Living life. Learning love. And laughing. A poem begins in delight and ends in wisdom. – Robert Frost more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..