The Fate of the Kingdom

The Fate of the Kingdom

A Poem by JulieNorell
"

Death of the Prince, and the king leads to despair and a new beginning.

"

The Fate of the Kingdom

Listen to the flutter of butterfly wings beating against the cold, stone hard, air.

Listen to the beat of the heart soaring for the love of the lost heir.

The prince is gone, the bridegroom to never return. Poisoned by his hate.

Her heart broken by his fate.

 

Walk away young Prince, never look back. For if you do, your mind will crack.

The woman you love sits crying in her room. She is broken, so are you.

Drink up young Prince, do not hesitate. Take your life to avoid a worse fate.

 

Fate has tricked him into doing its job. He drunk the poison from the cup.

The goblet falls and lands with a clatter, and down goes the kingdom without a son or a father.

His ken will curse his name, his wife will sear with pain. For fate is a crude one, and crude, is Fate.

 

Falling, falling, falling down. Make your head go round. How do you know when it will end, how do you know where it begins? One shares the other, for where one ends another begins.


The Bride is made queen, for fate has determined, that she is ruler who carries the burden.

She rules justly, where their was no justice before. Fate has made the choice to make the world beautiful.

 

It seems that fate has many sides. One for the good and one for the wicked. Where one side ends the other begins.

 

Life is full of beginnings and endings. Where does one begin and the other end?

© 2011 JulieNorell


Author's Note

JulieNorell
I seem to be focused on beginnings and endings. Perhaps I am wondering where my ending is?
PLEASE REVIEW!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"cold, stone hard air"
Damn girl, you have written something I'VE NEVER HEARD BEFORE!!! Thats true talent there JulieNorell !!!!
LOVING YOUR WORK!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. I love it. Full of impact and very well-written and structured.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Excellent , enjoyable to read. Well written!

Posted 13 Years Ago


If you turn around and look down, you can see your end lol

Now as to the poetry, it was pleasing to read (KenOr Kin) and the stary it told though quite sad was still interesting and held me till the end :O)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is so good. Well done. I loved it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is good. i like it.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 25, 2011
Last Updated on February 25, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..