The Black Poison

The Black Poison

A Poem by JulieNorell
"

This is a poem about anger. The anger of men.

"

Black poison swims through the air in smoky tendrils. You breathe it in and it courses through your veins like some miracle medicine. Your fists clench and you can see the hot dense air radiating from you. You begin to sweat, you face becomes blotchy and red as you boil and brood. Your thoughts become irrational, your mind sees things that don’t actually exist; plots and schemes to bring you down. You lash out at any and everything. You take everything personal and hate with all of your being. You think yourself superior and as a ruler…until one day…your own hate becomes the death of you. No one will come to mourn for you, there is no one at your funeral, just a priest reading to an empty room and a casket filled with dead hate, for your anger has made you an enemy to all. Your anger…was the death of you.

© 2011 JulieNorell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful

Posted 12 Years Ago


Simply brilliant.........I killed my anger long ago, before it killed me I found peace and tranquility in another place, laid down all my demons and insecurities.

Excellent poem :O)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow!! I loved this. So well written and vivid. One of my favorites that you have done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


thats beautiful

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your descriptions are really good. I love them. But again, reads as a short story, not a poem. I really like that you use second person point of view. It's a hard thing to come across. It'd be really cool if you wrote a scary story in second person.

Posted 13 Years Ago


intense, i love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your poem gives a good feel for how much anger this person feels and how it turns against the person who holds it. Nice job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Anger and hate is in all of us and sadly it consumes many people. This is pure honesty and I liked the imagery. You made anger have a personality, an entity unto itself, which in many cases it can seem that way. Brilliant piece.


B

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice , hate kills the hater .

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good poem. I like the idea of it. You use good imagery to show how you lose control when your angry.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 30, 2011
Last Updated on March 30, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..