Purpose

Purpose

A Poem by JulieNorell
"

For a contest...I had to go to a website the shows me one word...then I had 60 seconds to write about it....This is what I got.

"
The purpose? The purpose of life…Tell me. Tell me the purpose so that i may find my one true life. Find my one true place and my one true meaning. Tell me my purpose…Tell me. For my heart will break, and my mind will break with the insanity of my life. Why should I go on….Tell me.
The purpose of life.

© 2011 JulieNorell


Author's Note

JulieNorell
I know its kinda sketchy....DON'T COMMENT ON GRAMMAR AND SPELLING ERRORS

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent, writing off the cuff is my only way, if I should stop to think I would never write a thing....the answer to your question is the whole obligation of man is to serve his creator, So it was written long ago by Soloman

Posted 12 Years Ago


For a minute's work, very good...

Posted 13 Years Ago


oneword.com

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thats good for 60 seconds. I thought it was pretty good. :) What was the website?

Posted 13 Years Ago


The heart seeks and seeks does it not? Wonderful words........

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is fantastic for being down in 20 seconds. The only thing if you ever decide to go back and edit it a bit and put some time into it is don't be so repetitive. You say purpose of life so many times that the reader could get lost in it. Find similar ways to express the same thought and feeling. Other than that great job!

B

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think we all have to find our own purpuse to life, no one can tell you. The poem is very well written with alot of meaning!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Boy you did a great job in 60 seconds! That would be tough!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the idea of the poem. Its funny eventhough you did this in 60 seconds it is so realistic because i have these thoughts running through my head all the time.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Kind of unfriendly to be blaring instructions at your visitors.
Still, I like what you've done--with the extremely short time you were given.
The purpose of your life, JulieNorell, is to live life fully, and in the manner your soul directs--that you may master life by learning to love it.
Again, I like your work.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

505 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 1, 2011
Last Updated on April 1, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Grey Grey

A Poem by OT