Controlling Fate

Controlling Fate

A Story by JulieZee

“Rainy and grey here. Think I might slump down into the comfy chair, take the time machine for a spin around the universe and hope that June gets here before I accidentally rip the fabric of space-time.” ---Jason Blatt


We met on a grey day just like today. Brezza was rushing into the coffee shop as I was coming out. My arms were heavy with text books and lattes. I was busy in my head with my senior thesis. If I was more present I would have noticed that we bumped arms as we passed. I would have noticed that her wet umbrella was knocked from her hands and the contents of her purse were sent spilling onto the wet welcome mat. On a better day the scientist in me I would have noticed the strange angry noises she made as she hurried to pick up her belongings amidst the other patrons rushing by.


Unfortunately, that day I was just the source of her frustration. Since that day I have felt the glare of her eyes and the taste of her lips. After knowing both, how I did not notice her on that first day is beyond me. But fate is fate. That is, until you find a way to control it.


My fate was to marry a beautiful woman. I met Christine over the last summer and fell madly in love. If fate were allowed to take its course we would marry in June, have three beautiful children, live in a beautiful house and have all the things that normal people desire. I know. I have seen it all.


Brezza’s fate was to run, lost among the stars. I have seen this too.


Ten long years have passed. In that time I have traveled and discovered more than I cared to. And now I sit and wait for June. I sit and wait for fate to run its course.  I have gained courage and bravado during my travels, but did it give me what I need to change her fate? And if I choose to do that, would it put my own fate in jeopardy? Do I even care?


So I sit in my comfy chair and spin the dial. Maybe a quick trip to a different time will help me decide. 

© 2014 JulieZee


Author's Note

JulieZee
First two sentences are from Jason Blatt.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on April 30, 2014
Last Updated on April 30, 2014
Tags: time travel, romance, fate

Author

JulieZee
JulieZee

CA



About
I find the most interesting part about a person is the thoughts and feelings that go unsaid and unnoticed. So many people say they are straight forward and an open book. However, there are always thou.. more..

Writing
Nervous Nervous

A Poem by JulieZee


Shrapnel Shrapnel

A Story by JulieZee