All Night Long

All Night Long

A Story by Juliet Monroe
"

Oneshot from prom night.

"

I took a deep breath and grabbed his hand as we walked together through the parking lot. He was very attractive, with his slightly long, slightly messy brown hair, crooked but genuine grin, and bright, green eyes. But I had no idea how he felt about me. We hadn’t talked much before he asked me to prom; we just had lockers next to each other. We didn’t even talk even though we saw each other every day. It wasn’t until I started managing his baseball team that we really go to know each other, and that was a week ago. He was shy and hard to talk to as it was. He couldn’t possibly have formed a crush on me in such a short time, could he? Then again, I’d found him attractive ever since I started high school. And he did ask me to prom. 

As my thoughts were whirling and we were nearing his pickup truck, he turned to speak one of the longest sentences of the night: “So, did you have fun?” I looked up into his hopeful eyes and smiled. “Of course I did, thanks for taking me.” Almost as an afterthought, I stood on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek. He blushed violently red, which made me blush, too. He had never dated a girl and I’d dated a couple of boys, so it wasn’t as natural for him. I inwardly kicked myself over and over, so embarrassed at my stupid mistake. He was still in shock, not moving, just staring at me. I bit my lip and turned to open my car door, trying to buy time to figure out if I should apologize. But, as my fingers reached the door handle, his hand snapped down on top of mine, gently pried my fingers away, and opened the door for me. I turned to say thank you and almost laughed at the mischievous yet shy smile on his face. He put one arm around my waist, and I felt his hand shaking as he brushed the hair from my face. He froze a few inches from my lips, so I grasped his tie and pulled him to me. I was surprised at how wonderful he was at kissing, considering it was his first. I don’t know how long it was before he let me go and I fell back against the car and he leaned over me, his hand resting next to my head, both of us panting, flushed, and grinning. He leaned his forehead down to touch mine, and I almost melted right into the ground as he whispered, “It’s too bad we won’t get to do this again.” 

This time, I was the one smiling mischievously. “What are you talking about? I could do this all night long.” He playfully rolled his eyes. “The dance, silly. I enjoyed dancing with you.” I was enjoying this other side of him, myself. He seemed to be warming up, a lot. I wondered if the punch was spiked.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, just as I had two hours earlier for our first slow dance, and gently swayed back and forth. “Me too, let’s do it all night long.” He laughed and reached into his car to turn on some slow music, slipped his arms around my waist, and pulled me back in for another kiss. My heart soared high above the clouds, and the butterflies lasted all night long.

© 2012 Juliet Monroe


Author's Note

Juliet Monroe
Opinion? :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this! I love the characters you created, even in such a short piece like this, I felt somewhat connected to them. This is great:)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
1 Review
Added on March 22, 2012
Last Updated on March 22, 2012
Tags: prom, romance, teen, love

Author

Juliet Monroe
Juliet Monroe

About
I am a writer, photographer, and avid reader. I love tea, feathers, skeleton keys, and rain. more..

Writing
Black Black

A Story by Juliet Monroe


Lake Lake

A Story by Juliet Monroe


plot ideas plot ideas

A Chapter by Juliet Monroe