CH 5

CH 5

A Chapter by JunBeanii

10/3/75 -JAMES POTTER-
I met a weird girl today by the lake.
Not weird like giggly and blush-y and nail polish-y... Oh, wait. I think that's most girls, come to think of it. I guess that's considered normal, then. Extremely girly witches with a fascination for unicorns and all things sparkly.
Of course, it's not like I particularly mind hoards of giggly fangirls trailing after me, since some of them are pretty hot... 
Hm. I'm getting sidetracked again. What was I writing about?

Oh yeah. That girl I met by the lake.

Her name was Lily Evans, I think. At first I thought she might be a relative of the Weasleys, with their famous red hair and all, but theirs is a kind of orange-reddish color while hers is more like the color of blood. Not the prettiest comparison, but the other closest idea I could come up with was ketchup. Ketchup-colored hair. And that sounds stupid.

To be honest, I think she's got a few screws loose in her head. You'd think she was a muggle from all the stuff she doesn't know about magic. When I showed her my wand (eleven inches, mahogany, Dragon heartstring. One of the best wands there ever was) she said it looked like a 'weird, kind of useless pencil'. Bloody hell. I'm getting a migraine just thinking about it.
Anyways, Madam Pomfrey suddenly spotted us and ran at us, screaming about how worried she was and how dangerous it was for Evans to be walking around. She also said something about 'proper rest' and 'medicinal potions' and started checking the both of us for 'any possible fatal injuries' while pushing Evans away from me, like she was afraid she'd explode or something.

Then she started yelling at me for not contacting one of the teachers after 'finding my delicate patient' and whatnot before pulling Evans away, muttering about the 'abhorrent irresponsibility of the youth nowadays'. 

Merlin, you'd think she broke out of Azkaban from all that screaming she was going. Personally, I think all the evidence points to Evans being a St. Mungo's mental institute escapee, but whatever. 

Enough about her, though. I've got some more important business to record so I can read this someday in the future and look back fondly at good memories.

Snivellus was doing what he always does best (being creepy) when Sirius and I managed to catch him off-guard. 

Ah, the fun we three had together. Hexing those first years yesterday was good practice, but I unfortunately couldn't use the same spells. Too suspicious.

So instead I opted for a curse which only let the greasy git speak in Chinese or Yiddish, but Sirius hit him with a hex that partially transfigured him into a turtle, so for a little while he was some sort of awkward Kappa that kept hissing "你他媽的!" and "זון פון אַ צוי'!". I"m not exactly sure what he was saying, but I could pretty much figure out it wasn't pretty.

Anyways, we managed to flip him over so he was stuck on his back, not able to get up because of his new shell. It was so damned funny that we started crying because we were laughing so much.

But then his Death Eater friends came by and ruined the fun and we had to make a run for it. Trust me, we would have taken them down any day, but cowards run in packs and they outnumbered us by at least five or six guys. 
They were using dark curses, the b******s. One caught Sirius' leg and gave him a nasty burn, and we tried to go to Madam Pomfrey for help, but she wasn't there. 

I tried to get Sirius to go to Remus for help. He's really smart and probably knew something that'd be good for burns, but I think they're still fighting about what happened at the Shrieking Shack. I haven't seen them talk to each other for days, and it's really starting to bug me. 

I know Remus was probably really angry about what Sirius did. I mean, after all if I wasn't there to stop Snivellus, Remus might have become a murderer that night. And... well... I dunno. Sirius was really kind of not smart stupid really stupid insensitive about what he did. I mean, he knew Remus really hated the fact that he was a werewolf, but...

Ugh. Whatever. This is pissing me off. 

I'm gonna go hex some more Slytherins.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
"Lemon drop?" Dumbledore offered pleasantly.

"No, Albus. This isn't the time for it," Professor McGonagall clipped sharply.

"I'll take one," Lily Evans said at the same time, palm stretched out expectantly.

Dumbledore's eyes twinkled as he floated one of the sugar-encrusted candies towards the girl who grinned appreciatively as she began sucking on the snack. 

No one had taken up on the offer for the disgustingly sweet candy for years, and Professor McGonagall had blinked for a few moments before snapping out of her surprise.

"Are you allowed to have candy, Miss Evans?" she asked worriedly.

"Probably not," Lily shrugged, and the Professor winced as she blocked the image of an enraged Madam Pomfrey breathing fire about letting her patient ingest such an unhealthy clump of sugar. Feeding patients junk food was practically sacrilegious to the mediwitch, right after letting Dementors giving out free hugs at the hospital wing.

"Anyways, what seems to be the problem, Minerva?" Professor Flitwick asked curiously. 

"Ah, well..." She nodded meaningfully to the red haired girl in beside her who was now petting Fawkes, Dumbledore's phoenix.

"Miss Evans, I believe Madam Pomfrey would like to see you now. Fawkes will guide you back to the hospital wing," Dumbledore said to Lily. She nodded, and with a trill Fawkes flew out of the room, the girl tailing after him.

"Again, I must remind you... the girl is not exactly safe," Professor McGonagall sighed after the door closed. 

"Not safe? She seems to be a perfectly charming young lady," Professor Sprout commented, head cocked. 

"I agree. A bit on the odd side, she is, but seems to be intelligent, nonetheless," Professor Flitwick agreed.

Professor Slughorn and Professor McGonagall shifted uncomfortably. 

"'I apologize. It doesn't seem as if Poppy had yet to share the details with anyone else. I suppose she had been rather busy..." 

"Details? What details?" Sprout questioned, concerned.

And so explanations ensued.

Of course, no one knew she was listening right outside the door. 

  
 
   


© 2012 JunBeanii


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on May 9, 2012
Last Updated on May 9, 2012


Author

JunBeanii
JunBeanii

About
I don't really have any hobbies. Not really. Basically my youth is spent munching on sugary goodness while sitting in front of the computer for days on end. My only concern at this point is that I.. more..

Writing
CH 1 CH 1

A Chapter by JunBeanii


CH 2 CH 2

A Chapter by JunBeanii