The Sennacherib Calamity (Glosa)

The Sennacherib Calamity (Glosa)

A Poem by Jupiter Jazz

"...For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,

And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;

And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,

And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

-Lord Byron (The Destruction of Sennacherib)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,

And ghosted like a nightmare through enemy pass;

And their faces forever froze in a monstrous scream,

And their bodies remained still in an endless theme!

 

And the horse lay there gasping for breath,

In pain, still fearless, staring down death;

And his blood pooled crimson on the beach,

And his breath steamed out in a silent screech.

 

And there sat the horsemen discombobulated,

Red faced, sweaty brow, and aggravated,

And the camp was made quiet, the tents were still;

Their swords on the ground, the crows cry shrill.

 

And those left behind are loud in their grief,

Statues are broke for giving false belief;

And the ferocity first shown by the reputable hoard,

Has dissolved into dust by the might of the Lord!

 

 

 

 

Gold Star - The Sennacherib Calamity (Glosa) - Albert's Poetry Cafe's "In a Nutshell Contest" Poetic Form:'THE GLOSA' writing contest.

© 2011 Jupiter Jazz


Author's Note

Jupiter Jazz
Albert's Poetry Cafe's "In a Nutshell Contest" Poetic Form:'THE GLOSA'

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A glimpse into the mind of the past which is curiosly preserved in our generic recollection of our own creation and destruction. A powerful portrayal of the passions that aimed for the most high but were cut. Glory brought down to its knees and to a new awakening of its own natures. Incredible image making, deftly undertaken, allowing for the aceptance of a titanic phenomenon to be viewed with common eyes. Its the stuff of communication today!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well done! I love the font! Keep up the great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a powerful voice.. seems to stir thoughts across the ages.. vast and yet intimate. Filled with visions of destruction and death, justice unleashed. Amazing work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow...It was kinda hard for me to read it with that font style but this is great, gotta love the rhyme scheme you put in here...Well done... :)))

Posted 12 Years Ago


OK Sweet Pea.. Story is good rhyme is good BUT..Ya gotta work on your metre and it is hard to read in this particular script.
I like it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


O_O wow! This is powerful and strong

Posted 12 Years Ago


A glimpse into the mind of the past which is curiosly preserved in our generic recollection of our own creation and destruction. A powerful portrayal of the passions that aimed for the most high but were cut. Glory brought down to its knees and to a new awakening of its own natures. Incredible image making, deftly undertaken, allowing for the aceptance of a titanic phenomenon to be viewed with common eyes. Its the stuff of communication today!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very interesting poem and i really like it. You did a great job on the rhyme scheme as well, amazing as always!! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2284 Views
7 Reviews
Added on September 20, 2011
Last Updated on September 28, 2011

Author

Jupiter Jazz
Jupiter Jazz

About
W.C. Name: happens to be the name of the Cowboy Bebop episode I was watching when I made the account Real Name: consists of letters, that form words, that spell something Gender: hint- it ends w.. more..

Writing
Change Change

A Poem by Jupiter Jazz