Accidental Story

Accidental Story

A Story by Charles Tyson (Just1ne)
"

I wrote this as an experiment in stream-of-consciousness writing...is it wrong that this was the result? :)

"
There once was a little boy named Alex. Alex was a lovely child. Except for the fact that he enjoyed lighting fires. Not blazing infernos that destroyed buildings and displaced families. Just little things like individual leaves and the feet of his army men.He just enjoyed the way the heat changed things.Well, this was all fine until the day he set what he THOUGHT was a leaf on fire. It turned out to be a highly poisonous bug-like creature that reeeeeaaaaaalllllyyyyyy didn't like having a flame touched to it! It...kind of...exploded.....all...over....him.



Did I mention that it was highly poisonous?A rather small yet noxious cloud burst forth from the charred insectile corpse and sprayed into his eyes. He ran around in circles clutching his face and screaming. 

As luck would have it, he stumbled into a hornet's nest. 

And of course, it being Monday, all the hornets were in a very foul mood and little boys making lots of noise crashing into their home didn't sit well with them.They streamed out in a dark fog and encircled his head. They stung him a little here and there and kept stinging even after he fell to the ground in convulsions. Once the noisy boy stopped being noisy, the hornets realized they felt better. 

They all went home, not once looking back at the now silent Alex....who never again set another fire.

© 2010 Charles Tyson (Just1ne)


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
Added on June 15, 2010
Last Updated on June 15, 2010
Tags: horror, bugs, little boy

Author

Charles Tyson (Just1ne)
Charles Tyson (Just1ne)

Philadelphia, PA



About
Choreographer/director/writer/producer/mover/shaker/upstart/blah/blah/blah... more..

Writing