Part 7

Part 7

A Chapter by Lizzy
"

A young teen finds herself with difficult decisions to make when thrust into a new chapter within the slave trade.

"

They walked through big rooms and small rooms and hallways and corridors and up stairs so quickly that she knew she was bound to get lost several times during her stay here. After several minutes of roaming through his massive estate, the pair came to a stop in front of a grand door as it magically opened.

 

Behind the doors was a lavishly furnished master bedroom. Royal red drapes hung from every which way. An enormous personal library dominated an entire wall. A large, four-poster bed nestled into a corner of the room, with a reading nook on the alternate side, and a colossal collection of glass windows situated to form the face of a roaring tiger decorated the wall on the other side of the bed, and Surani could tell by the way that it was situated that it was designed purposefully to make the most of the sunrise.

 

“Welcome to your new room.” Habib murmured. “I hope you like it.”

 

“My room..?” Surani's eyes widened as she wandered inside. “This is all for me..?”

 

“Well, our shared bedroom.” Habib gave a suggestive wink. The young Tigress's face heated into a blush, because it took her longer than it should've to dislike the idea of sharing. “But, gentleman's word, I will not force you into doing anything that you don't want to do.”

 

“I don't want to share a room with you, predator. We can start there.” Surani winced. Such an outcry would've earned her a terrifying beating from her old master.

 

But Habib's expression remained unreadable, and he gave a slow nod. “I see the need to remind you that I saved you from a poor situation that could've been much worse. I will treat you well... But you and I both know I have the power to make you miserable. I don't want it to come to that... Please, Surani. Don't give me a reason to punish you, give me reasons to love you and care for you. If after seven nights you still feel as if you would like your own space, then I will grant you your wish for your own sleeping quarters, and hope that you will grow to care for me over time. I can't make you love me, but I can give you reasons to. Just one week with me, first, that's all I ask.”

 

Red flags were thrown up in her face all over the place, but Surani was surprised to find herself not giving a stalwart 'no' to his proposal. Indecision was written all over her complexion, and she hated herself for it.

 

He watched her wrestle with herself for a few moments before being merciful. “You have the rest of the evening to make your decision. In the meantime, I'll help you get ready for dinner.” He walked to her, then past her, towards a door next to the grand library shelves, which opened as he approached. He tilted his head in a gesture, inquiring for her to join him. She did, although skeptically.

 

The two entered an en suite master bathroom. It, like the master bedroom it was attached to, was luxurious and large. A jacuzzi fit for an elephant rested nestled up to a currently empty fireplace, which was near a glass and tiled shower. His-and-her-sinks were set in a white marble countertop that complemented the soft blues and whites of the rest of the bathroom. With a snap of Habib's fingers, the fireplace roared to life, and the cold room started to warm to a more comfortable temperature. “Do you prefer showers, or baths?” He inquired innocently.

 

As inviting as the jacuzzi looked, the idea of a shower was a completely foreign concept to her. “Showers.” She replied simply, her eyes wide with the impressiveness of the place.

 

“I'll show you how the shower works, then. You see this dial? The way it's on the far right, beneath a blue marking, with a red marking on the other side. If you turn the dial, like this-” -he turned the dial to the left, into the blue zone. The shower sputtered to life, then out flowed a steady stream- “-the water turns on. The blue zone means the water will be cool, the red zone means the water will be warm, and you can adjust it accordingly. The water comes from natural springs on the property, and is brought here to the house with the same system that heats and cools it the way you want. The nozzle, up here, can be turned to change the water so that it comes out however you wish, whether you wish for a hard massage or a gentle drizzle. Turn the dial all the way back to the right if you want the water to turn back off.” He proceeded to do so. “Any questions?”

 

Surani's large eyes seemed to get bigger and bigger with all of this new information. “Is it magic?”

 

The question seemed to surprise Habib, and he gave a soft chuckle. “No, Surani, it is not magic. It is cutting-edge technology. I expect that you can't find this anywhere else. Do you recognize anything else in this room? Is there anything you need from me before I leave you alone?”

 

Surani found a couple of towels, and a heating device that looks like it could accomplish the same job. “Do I have a change of clothes?” She asked, dreading what the answer may be.

 

“Yes,” Habib stepped aside to reveal an outfit hanging on the wall. “I had a few servants buy some clothes in your general size in preparation for your visit.” As if wading through honey, Surani slowly made her way to the clothes hanging on the wall. Upon further examination, it was a long, delicate piece of silk, of a beautiful, vibrant green color.

 

“Is this... a sari...?”

 

“Yes it is. I hope it is to your liking.”

 

“It's beyond anything I could hope for. I've never worn anything nearly as nice as this.”

 

A soft chuckle rumbled from Habib's throat like a purr. “Good. You see the rope hanging in the corner over there? If you need anything, just pull on it. Someone should see to your needs shortly, whether me personally or a servant who can help you more easily or quickly. When that long digit of the clock reaches that dot over there,” Habib punctuated his words with pointing at the clock on the wall, “then I will meet you in the dining hall. Go all the way down the corridor, make a right, then go all the way down that corridor. I'll see you in a little while, Surani, enjoy yourself.” And with a respectful bow of the head, Habib exited, the door automatically closing behind him.



© 2018 Lizzy


Author's Note

Lizzy
This is a story set during the industrial revolution, in a parallel third world. Magic exists along with science, and sentient animals walk among man. I feel confident about this part, Act I, and I have a solid foundation for Act III, but I'm struggling with the bridge between the two: Act II. I would love some constructive criticism and some recommendations of how to continue the story and overcome writer's block.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on November 25, 2018
Last Updated on November 25, 2018


Author

Lizzy
Lizzy

Charlotte, NC



About
Hello there! I'm Lizzy, and I'm an entrepreneur and business owner. I've had a passion for writing fictitious stories for nine years and am constantly seeking to hone my capabilities. I'm glad to be a.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Lizzy


Chapter 1, Part 1 Chapter 1, Part 1

A Chapter by Lizzy


Wysteria Wysteria

A Book by Lizzy