A Dense Love

A Dense Love

A Poem by Anna

A Dense Love

You will be loved and you will love.

I fall in love every day:

With the beauty of our world,

With the chances thrown at me--glimmer  of hope that I’m quick enough to grab that  possibility without stumbling,

With our people; the shaded faces of a stranger, the gentle words of an orator, the soft gaze of an observer.

Don’t limit yourself; don't  get tangled in the choking vines of judgment or close your gates of connectivity when it seems the handle is hidden in the underbrush.

I have felt enough sorrow to spread across the seven seas.

It only takes one piercing gaze through a looking glass of fate to reassure me my life is only beginning.

In which, I have yet to meet the hundreds of people whose life I will change, and whose will change mine.

Enter this world in pure ecstasy; let your footprints be the trail another lonesome traveler must follow to guide them to their own land of radiance. 

Our eyes closed, Our mouths open, our stories spoken.

© 2015 Anna


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Anna
A weird format definitely, I would love to hear opinions!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the fluidity of your thoughts, as they speak in wondrous cadences of the world as you examine it. The piece is simple, soft, and genteel, with a spark of innocence . . . it speaks to love in the authentic sense that we forget to appreciate. It also brings to life images that are lost and no longer remembered about love and sentiment. You've essentially brought its traditional value back to life again, reminding us that it is everywhere, and not just in the obvious notions.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


Anna

10 Years Ago

Thank you i'm very glad you found things you enjoyed in this piece :)
I don't find your format strange at all. I love it: The flow of it. The maturity, sense, and wisdom in it. I like how in the last line, unless it is a typo, you have capitalized "Our" when referring to actual parts of the body, but not when referring to "our spoken word". It doesn't to me emphasize the body being more important than the word so much as it is simply striking, thought provoking, and interesting. I do believe you are quite the artist, and that it is possible you are ahead of your time in your processes.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


Anna

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for this review, I really appreciate the time it took you to write this!
Melobldnfr

10 Years Ago

No problem. It's been my pleasure.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 7, 2013
Last Updated on January 19, 2015
Tags: love, hope

Author

Anna
Anna

About
I'm 17 years old. Novice. I absolutely love writing, and I look forward to publishing things in hopes of constructive feedback. "You must stay drunk on writing, so reality cannot destroy you." -R.. more..

Writing
Dear Father Dear Father

A Poem by Anna


Memory Memory

A Poem by Anna