The Sprits Battle With The Physical

The Sprits Battle With The Physical

A Poem by Just Shlomo
"

A introspective poem, that deals with several dichotomous issues of life.

"
Lost in my own mind, a place full of twisted turns and pitfalls.
Feeling trapped somewhere between the worlds found on the pages of a Hunter S. Thompson novel and the worlds where Alice chased the White Rabbit, daring to see how deep the rabbit hole went, while I follow that winding yellow brick road.
I am lost in an abyss of my own making, a place of torturous comfort, of painful bliss, a place where light and dark are both the same and opposing entities at the same time as they are separate worlds of joy and suffering.
Searching both the world of the eternal cosmos held within my immortal soul, timeless and ancient, and the ever expanding world of the digital realm, rapidly expanding as it shrinks the distances between minds while at the same time building walls that separate our souls.
Searching for an answer to my most menial yet pressing problems.
I am a timeless being sent here time and time again to find the same answers to the dreamlike state we call living.
In some lives the physical being controls and dominates the spiritual being.
In these lives the material realm is all that matters, leading to a life based upon only upon instant and short term gratification, a life focused on the basic wants and needs of the body.
It is these beings that for now control our world, living in fear of the end of this current life, living in fear of anything uncomfortable or different, living in their fears and unable to take the next step on their cosmic journey.
In the lives of some, the needs and wants of the physical are satisfied by reaching the goals of the spiritual being within.
It is these people that make up the majority of the truly religious, the truly intellectual, and the true philosophers in this world.
Having an understanding of the physical body's needs, yet control of its wants, they live simple yet satisfying lives.
It is these people that understand what being a human being is really about, comfortable with their physical existence, yet having a firm grasp upon the realms of the mind and sprit.
These people who bring light and guidance to the physical beings world of chaos and suffering, people who can see past the differences of beliefs to the core of truth found within all life.
Then there are the few other lives where it is the spiritual being that has gained control of its physical shell, where the soul is nearing the end of one journey.
It is these lives that have little connection with those living purely for the physical.
These beings have reached a higher understanding and a greater connection with the oneness of truth and light.
Their lives are lived with the chaos of an elemental force, driven by goals that seem to only be hampered by the physical realities of life.
Existing on a separate realm of thoughts, where the only use for the limitations and boundaries set by those obsessed with the physicality of the mortal coil, is as mile markers as they race to reach higher and higher realms of thought and understanding.
It is these cosmic beings who seem to have a better idea of the spiritual realms then the others, that are cast out then embraced, once the truth of their words is shown, sadly often after the separation of their essential soul from the chains of their physical body.
These higher beings are our prophets, our martyrs, our saints, our sacrifices to the altar of our fear of the uncomfortable and unknown.
They shine the brightest of us all, which is both their salvation and damnation at once.
The brighter they shine the quicker their physical being burns.
The desire to shine brighter and brighter, to soar higher and higher, is what leads them to the darkest places, to the deepest caves, to the places where they and they alone will shine as radiant as the sun.

© 2014 Just Shlomo


Author's Note

Just Shlomo
Please feel free to leave any thoughts and/or suggestions. What images are coming to mind? What emotions are evoked?

Thank you for your input.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on May 27, 2014
Last Updated on May 28, 2014
Tags: Mental, introspection, cosmos, soul, immortal, minds, physical, spiritual, being, life, need, want, religion, religious, philosophy, journey, chaos, martyr, saint, sacrifice, fear, salvation