A Miracle Indeed

A Miracle Indeed

A Story by Anonymous
"

Just a miracle girl, who would like to have an honest conversation, with you, the reader. She hopes you find her intuitive.

"

SERIAL KILLER WAYNE OMORI ANDERSON IS FOUND AFTER LONG SEARCH FOR MISSING CHILDREN, ONLY ONE CHILD SPARED


WAYNE OMORI, DEEMED THE STEEL KILLER, SENTENCED TO LIFE IN PRISON


MIRACLE GIRL: “SHE SHOULD BE DEAD,” SAYS DOCTOR “BUT SOMEHOW SHE IS STILL BREATHING”


MIRACLE CHILD COMES BACK FROM THE DEAD



Don't ask me what happened that night. I don’t remember it too well, anyway. I could tell you where to go for a source. Read a newspaper article, and look up “steel killer” or “miracle girl” on the internet. All of it’s there, albeit with a bit of a dramatic flair. And once you are done reading, go ahead and call me a zombie, or look at me with pitying eyes and ask me if I am ok. As if the moment you have finished reading the article I will suddenly be much less fine than I was a second ago, and I will break into tears, looking for your help and pity. If you want, I can pretend to be sad, and let you cheer me up so you can sleep at night knowing that you helped a lost soul. Nobody ever wants to face a simple fact: Sometimes, there is nothing you should or can do, to fix things inside someone else's head. It’s funny, how we hurt each other so easily but find it so difficult to help each other, at least in the right way. Nobody can completely sympathize with each other's problems.

Wow, deep. I know. You don't have enough time in your busy life to think about things like that. You have too much thinking about the present, and the past to deal with. I don’t. I have plenty of time, just me and my thoughts. Do you want to hear any more thoughts of mine? I promise I don't bite. Really, I just want somebody to talk to if you promise to actually listen to my words. Don’t take me at face value. If you would listen to what I have to say, please be honest about my words. And don't think anything about the words that you would think any differently if they came from any other person’s mouth. Got it? Ok. 

Honestly, it's funny. I don’t know how to start. I’m sorry, I got you prepared to listen to what I have to say and I don’t know what to tell you. No, I am not going to start by telling you what happened before, from what I’ve been told. I am not entirely sure that I will even tell you about that. If you are listening just to know about that incident, then, like I said before, go to the internet and newspapers. I would rather be alone than be pitied. 

© 2022 Anonymous


Author's Note

Anonymous
This is just a start. I have hit a bit of a writer's block as to where I should go next. I want feedback and ideas.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good start. I am intrigued as to where this will go. Is she really supposed to be dead and doesn't know it yet? What actually does become of the 'final girl?' Nobody really explores what emotional hell the survivors of horror scenarios go through. Maybe her PTSD nightmares are actually the serial killer's psychic way of finishing the job? Good luck with the block! We all go through it, but take heart, we can still come out at the other end of it!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Hello, anonymous! :)
On my first read, I noticed her rambling personality, and it did outshine her backstory, so you could go anywhere with it; though, to hold my attention at this point, you’d probably have to immediately change the pace. You could move into a buddy story and develop her a bit while she’s out of the focus, Have fun writing.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Anonymous

1 Year Ago

I am still trying to decide between a story about this girl and her backstory, or if it is more her .. read more
mattavelli

1 Year Ago


My thought was to keep her narrating. Shifting perspective now would probably confuse me. Ha.. read more
Anonymous

1 Year Ago

Mabye the whole "story" of it, with all of the events, happens before the book. The girl talking to .. read more
"Honestly, it's funny. I don’t know how to start. I’m sorry, I got you prepared to listen to what I have to say and I don’t know what to tell you. No, I am not going to start by telling you what happened before, from what I’ve been told."

Posted 1 Year Ago


"Wow, deep. I know. You don't have enough time in your busy life to think about things like that. You have too much thinking about the present, and the past to deal with. I don’t. I have plenty of time, just me and my thoughts."

Posted 1 Year Ago


I like it. Very personal and relatable. We all go through those emotions and motions. That can be a great start for a novel . You are doing great.

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 1, 2022
Last Updated on November 1, 2022