Beach

Beach

A Chapter by K.D. Sage
"

Harry and Rin join the Host Club. The Hosts go to the beach.

"

Hey, guys! Chapter 2 is now up! Remember, I still need votes for the yaoi couple! Send ‘em in and make this your choosing!

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or Ouran High School Host Club. I really wish I did!

 

Chapter 2: The Beach

 

            As much as Rin thought the Host Club was a funny idea, he hadn’t really planned on attending it all the time. Who would’ve thought that on his way out of the school during his second week, he would be grabbed by each arm and dragged to Music Room 3 by the Hitachiin twins?  They were dressed as if they’d just stepped off a pirate ship, with matching scarves and eye patches on the opposite eyes. Not long after the kidnapping, when they were inside to clubroom, Tamaki came busting through the doors, wielding a pair of black, circular glasses.

            Rin immediately recognized them as Harry’s and wondered what Tamaki was doing with them.

            “MOTHER!!” Tamaki screamed. “You have to see this! Harry-kun without his glasses! I put his hair in a ponytail, too!”

            Rin groaned. “Nice knowin’ ya, Suoh.”

            Tamaki threw him an agitated look as the doors banged open again and a nearly unrecognizable boy ran through them.

            “YOUR A*S IS GRASS, SUOH!”

Tamaki yelped and hide behind Kyoya. The boy was Harry. His black hair was indeed in a ponytail with bangs that stopped right behind his ears. His glasses were gone, too. That really had an effect on the other bespectacled person in the room. Rin noticed that Mori-sempai eye’s had widened just slightly. If they weren’t observant, like Rin, no one else would have noticed the change. He even saw Kaoru flush a little.

Harry’s face was flushed from chasing the “king” and strands of his bangs fell in his eyes, which seemed so much greener without the glasses. Appealing as Harry may have seemed with shoulder-length hair and glasses, it wasn’t nearly as good as he looked now.

And Rin still had to laugh.

Hikaru and Kaoru stared at him almost as hard as they had been staring at Harry. Tamaki made a girlish squealing sound and started twirling Harry about the room.

 

Haruhi walked in the clubroom and almost got her head taken off by a flying pair of legs. She ducked to avoid decapitation and ran to the nearest corner. Safe, she looked up and saw Harry and Tamaki, the latter swinging the former around like she usually is. After about 10 minutes (with Mori’s help) Harry was released and left panting. Haruhi then noticed his hair and glasses-less face.

“Tamaki *pant* when I can breathe *pant* you’d better be ready to stop.” Harry then proceeded to fall down. “Can someone tell the room to stop spinning? I think I’m gonna puke! Bring me a bucket!”

Everyone took a step back, but no one except Mori and Kyoya could keep from laughing at his antics. Hikaru and Kaoru grabbed Harry and dragged him in the back to change him into his pirate costume.  Yelling and laughing could be heard until the twins ran out. Kyoya glanced at Rin, who was still chuckling. The boy just as intriguing as his cousin. The youngest Ootori couldn’t find a thing about the two before the age of 14.

Nothing was there to give him any clue to their past and it was making his head hurt. The entire Ootori staff couldn’t find a thing about them. Nor could they find anything about their guardian, Sirius Black. The pencil in Kyoya’s hand snapped. He looked down at it. He hadn’t realized he’d been holding it so tight. He looked up at Rin again and found that Rin was looking sideways at him, a smirk creeping across his face as if he knew Kyoya’s predicament. Kyoya turned around and scribbled something in his black notebook

The doors opened for the fifth time and girls started coming in. Rin had almost forgotten that today would be his test to see if he was host material. Earlier, he’d planned to act super gitty to get kicked out, but after the way Kyoya looked at him and the way some of the host looked at Harry, he decided that it might be worth it to stay. For now.

 

*****Hum-de-dum K.D. Ownz all*****

 

“So, what do you like to do for fun?”

Harry glanced up at the girl who’d spoken.

“Er, I like to draw a lot.” He tapped his chin. “Oh! I once drew a picture of Rin while he was reading a book and I let him see. He got mad.”

“Why?” asked another girl. “Is he shy?”

Harry snorted. “Shy? No way! I just made the booger that was hanging out of his nose bigger than it actually was.”

Now, normally, this kind of thing wouldn’t have been laughed at at a high end school. People frowned upon that sort of humor. But, the girls, as mature as they seemed, were still kids and they found it hilarious. There was something about the jade-eyed boy that made them feel comfortable. Nothing like what they felt with adults. They laughed.

Harry was starting to feel pretty good. He’d gotten a laugh. That meant more were sure to come. Haruhi came around to refill teacups and found that most of the people at Harry’s table hadn’t drunk any yet, due to fear that it would end up coming out of their noses. They could laugh hysterically, but they weren’t that childish.

“You hair looks different,” commented a blonde. “And where did your glasses go?”

“Tamaki-sempai took them, gave me contacts, and put my hair in a ponytail.” He yanked on said ponytail. “I was mad at first, but I’ve gotta admit,” he winked, “I think it looks pretty cool. Don’t you think so?”

Everyone blushed and started sipping tea to hide their faces. Harry looked over the back of the couch to Rin’s table to see how he was doing.

 

Rin smiled a bit at the girl in front of him. She’s just asked him what his favorite thing to do was. He had to think about it.

Yawning, like the cat he was supposedly seemed like, he said, “I like skateboarding.”

“Skateboarding?” she sounded out the word carefully, like it was unfamiliar to her.

Rin reached down and picked up his skateboard case. He unzipped it and took out the board. It was decorated with fire and music notes with a big gold “R” smack in the middle of the four wheels.

“Ry decorated it for me.” He informed her.

Another girl spoke up. “What do you do with it?”

Rin raised an eyebrow, causing the girl to blush. “Really? You don’t know?” He sighed. “I’d show you, but I’m not sure if Kyoya-sempai trusts me to keep everything in one piece.” He turned toward the man with the black notebook. “Hey, Kyoya! Think there’s enough space in here for me to show them something?”

Kyoya cocked an eyebrow at the board.

“On that thing? You could break something. And you could get streaks on the floor, which, are near impossible to remove.”

Rin huffed, unintentionally blowing his hair away from his face. The gesture, though small, was enough to get the girls asking, too.

“Please, Kyoya-sempai?”

“We can put down hardwood mats! My father makes them!”

“I’ve never heard of ‘skateboarding’. Can he show us how it’s done?”

“Pleeeeeaseee?”

Kyoya was surprised. Rin smirked again, sure that he was going to get what he wants. He was right. Kyoya made a call on his cell phone and within 10 minutes, the floor was completely covered with hardwood mats. Everything else was covered with bullet-proof glass (lord knows we don’t want another Haruhi incident) and pushed back.

The other hosts and girls stood against the walls. Harry, in 30 seconds, had made a sign that read: “SHRED, RIN, SHRED!!!” Hikaru and Kaoru had started shouting those same words as soon as the sign went up and had taken it upon themselves to videotape the event. Rin ignored them and clapped his headphones over his ears. He didn’t need a helmet, just his music. He started out with a couple of Caspers (1) and then went on to the other side of the room. He rode out toward the middle and did a Primo Power Slide (1) and turned it into an Ollie (1) without landing on his butt.

He went on like this, doing lots of different moves, until after about 20 minutes. When he was done, he reached in his pocket, turned off his iPod and slipped the headphones back around his neck. At first everyone was silent, their eyes bugging out except for Harry (who knew to expect awesome moves and had seen them before), Kyoya (always seemingly unsurprised, but it was hard to tell with the gleam on his glasses lenses), and Mori (who was always serene, but Rin again notice his eyes and their ½ millimeter widening).

Suddenly, there was a round of applause and everyone rushed over to him.

“How’d you do that?”

“That was great! I’ve never seen anything like it!”

“Amazing! You’re so skilled and graceful!”

“You did that while listening to music? You must have great concentration!”

Arms made their way toward him and, suspecting that they were Tamaki’s, Rin maneuvered out of the way, causing them to wrap around an unsuspecting girl. Rin sat back down at the table and calmly drank some tea. Hunny rushed over to him.

“Wow, Rin-chan! Can you show me how to do that?”

“Sure,” Rin ruffled the blonde’s hair. “As long as Mori-sempai doesn’t have a problem with it.”

Mori walked over and messed up Rin’s hair. “That was cool,” he said in his low steady voice.

“Thanks. Hunny wants to learn. Can I teach him?”

The stoic man looked at him. “Maybe.” Then he smiled and picked up Hunny just as Hikaru and Kaoru ran over and bowed at Rin’s feet.

“TEACH US!” they shouted at him.

Rin looked over at Harry who gave him a thumbs up.

Yeah, Rin thought, maybe it won’t be so bad.

 

*****Hum-de-dum K.D. Ownz all*****

 

Waking up to arguing was not what Sirius considered the start of a good day. He rubbed his eyes and sat up in his bed. The voices were none other than the ones of Rin and Harry. Sirius got up and walked to the source of the noise: the kitchen. The two boys were glaring at each other from opposite sides of the counter. Knowing that this would soon turn to exchanging blows, Sirius sat down on the counter between them.

“Okay, Prongslet, Skatesician, what’s going on?”

Harry pointed an accusing finger at Rin. “That git is refusing to teach me how to skate, but he’s willing to teach Hunny and Hikaru and Kaoru! That’s wrong!”

Before Sirius could respond, Rin yelled back “How’s it wrong? I can teach whoever I want! I didn’t complain when you didn’t want to teach me how to draw!”

“But I did teach you! You decided not to pursue! I actually want to learn! Why can’t you teach me even after I taught you, huh?! What’s so special about them?!”

“Well, Hunny’s never done anything bad to me and Hikaru and Kaoru groveled! So unless you plan on kneeling, you’d better get over it!”

“So what if I’ve done bad things to you?! You’re just as guilty! If that was a valid excuse, I would’ve used it years ago! Why won’t teach me?!”

“Because you’re whiny and wouldn’t be able to cope if you scratched that pretty face of yours.”

“I swear, I would hex you right now if Dad didn’t have my wand!”

“Right back at you!”

Sirius, a headache starting to build up, grabbed each boy a fistful of their hair and knocked their heads together. They both cried out in alarm.

“Enough! You two seriously need to start getting along!” He took a deep breath and released them. “Now, Rin, can’t you just teach him?”

Rin scowled and turned away. “Fine,” he snapped, “If you get hurt, don’t blame me.” He put on his headphones and left the room.

Harry plopped down on a barstool with a smug smirk.

 

*****Hum-de-dum K.D. Ownz all*****

 

Haruhi heard the doors open and looked up from her table. Rin and Harry entered the room, the latter limping heavily, the former smirking.

“Still sore, cuz?” asked Rin.

“Yes,” Harry hissed. “You’re a git, you know that?”

“You said you wanted to do it.”

“You didn’t have to push me so far.”

“You asked for it. You didn’t seem to mind when you did it to me.”

Hikaru and Kaoru looked up from their conversation.

“That’s not the point!”

“I don’t see how this is my fault. You begged for it last night.”

Tamaki, who had walked in around the part about “begging”, choked on his tea.

“You an a*s! You’re lucky I’m limping or I’d kicked you!”

“Like I said, it was your idea. It was fun, but it’s not my fault you didn’t know what you were doing. I told you that you had to get the feel of it.”

“You handcuffed me!”

Kyoya’s pencil broke in his hands.

“I told you to give me the safe word when you felt like you were gonna�"“

“You mumbled the safe word! I didn’t get to hear it. You didn’t want me to hear it did you?”

“Maybe not…”

“You sick b*****d.”

Hunny and Mori looked at each other, Hunny’s eyes shocked, and Mori’s eyebrows rose.

“Like I said, you asked for it. You got Sirius to make me do it�"“

Tamaki jumped up. “HOLD ON! STOP RIGHT THERE!”

Harry and Rin stopped bickering and looked at him. “What?” They glanced around the room. Haruhi’s face was tomato red and her mouth was twitching. The twins’ jaws had hit the floor, their faces also red. Kyoya’s eyes were hidden by the glare in his glasses but he held his hand frozen over his notebook, pencil still broken. Mori was looking at them intensely, his hands clamped tight over Hunny’s ears, who had also turned bright red.

Momentarily confused, Harry scratched the back of his head.  “What-?” Rin, who knew exactly what was going through the hosts’ minds, leaned over and whispered something into his cousin’s ear. Harry started blushing and then started laughing. Rin laughed with him and the hosts watched as the two yukked it up. After about 10 minutes, Harry managed to catch his breath. Tears of mirth streamed down his face as he turned toward the petrified hosts.

“For gentlemen, you guys sure do have some dirty minds! I mean, that’s gross! We were talking about Rin teaching me how to ride a skateboard.”

Hikaru and Kaoru collected their jaws and asked, “That’s why you’re sore? What about Rin ‘pushing too hard’?”

“I kept falling off and Rin wouldn’t let me take a break. I got scratches and bruises all over the place from falling on the blacktop.”

Haruhi spoke up. “What did you mean when you said he asked for it and that he had no problem doing it to you?”

Rin waved a hand. “Harry begged me to teach him because I agreed to teach Hunny and the twins. And when Harry was teaching me how to draw, he wouldn’t give me a break either. Kept slapping my hand with the ruler.”

“And the handcuffs?” asked Kyoya.

“Trying to test his balance. If he could keep himself on the board without using his hands for balance for about 10 minutes, then I could actually teach him how to ride it.”

“Safe word?” That was Mori.

Harry rolled his eyes. “He said that when I felt like I was going to fall off the board while my hands were cuffed, I had to yell the safe word and he’d catch me. But the git mumbled it and I didn’t hear. That explains why I kept falling and getting bruises.”

The hosts let out a group sigh of relief. The two cousins started laughing again and this time, they were joined. Neither of them noticed the angry looked that was tossed at Rin from behind a pair of gleamed over glasses.

 

Getting dragged to the beach wasn’t as bad as it seemed. Tamaki, being the outrageous blonde that he was, had decided that it was a good idea for everyone to visit the beach near Nekozawa- sempai’s (the Black Magic Club’s president) house. The twins told the cousins that Tamaki only wanted o see Haruhi (who turned out to be a girl) in a bathing suit. Given that Rin was in desperate need of a tan, Harry was glad to bring him along. Sirius hadn’t at all minded. He was grateful for the alone time and glad that Harry and Rin had made some friends.

Running through the water and playing catch with the Hitachiins was fun for Harry, especially when they managed to get Haruhi to join their game. Rin, like Kyoya, decided to stay in the sand. He listened to music and watched. Some of the Host Club’s clients had come, too, so they were having as much fun as the guys (and Haruhi) were. Near the close of the day, some guys had tried hitting on some of the girls and Haruhi had run to their rescue. In Harry’s view, his decision to run up and face the guys hadn’t been such a bad idea.

“Who’s the girly guy?” asked one of the boys, shoving Haruhi aside.

Harry reached the top of the rock and stepped in front of the girls. “Chill out, mate. Can’t you leave and let us continue with our day?”

The guys snorted and spouted various insults at him.

“Last warning,” said Harry. “I advise you to leave.”

One reached out and grabbed at Harry’s arm. Bad move. Years of defending himself from Dudley and the Dursleys, fighting Malfoy, beating Death Eaters, and karate lessons had given Harry strength, agility, balance, and most importantly, speed. He sidestepped the hand, grabbed the guys arm, and flung him out away from the edge of the water (though Harry would’ve loved to toss him in the water). Green eyes sparking, he turned toward the other guys. They gaped at him then turned and hightailed it out of there.

            “You guys alright?” he asked the girls, turning back toward them. Before he could register what was happening, he was being glomped from all sides. His windpipe was crushed against something that felt suspiciously like�"Harry blushed and pulled away. “Er…you’re welcome.”

            “HARUHIIIII!!!” The scream pierced Harry’s ears as Tamaki came running up to them, the rest of the pack at his heels. They gathered around the girls. Trying to be indiscreet, Harry slowly moved away, only to be grabbed by the shoulder.

            He looked up sheepishly at a pair of onyx eyes and almost squealed.

            “Kyoya-sempai! What’s up?” he asked casually.

            “Nice job, Potter,” said Kyoya. “Now how about you tell me how you did that, hmm?”

 

 

Okay, that’s it for the second chapter. Still short, right? Don’t worry; this will go on for a while! Send in those votes. Oh and I have a question for you guys: Who do you think Tom should be and when should he appear? His hair is black and his eyes are awesomely red. Send me your thoughts! Until the third chapter!



© 2011 K.D. Sage


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

XDDDD WOW!! The images!!! THE IMAGES!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Added on December 10, 2011
Last Updated on December 10, 2011


Author

K.D. Sage
K.D. Sage

Henderson, NC



About
13-years-old; likes chocolate; LOVES to write; likes to skateboard, play guitar, and swim. Likes Hip-Hop, Pop, and Rock. Likes to tango, hip-hop dance, cha-cha, and rumba (especially tango). Favorite .. more..

Writing
Ouran Ouran

A Chapter by K.D. Sage


All's Fair All's Fair

A Book by K.D. Sage