"MNEMONIC"

"MNEMONIC"

A Poem by KalebG (Cry Faux)
"

"When you miss someone, always know your love for them is not gone"

"

“MNEMONIC”

      Written By: Kaleb G.Berry   

It has been a month since I last saw your face.

A face that carried every emotion thinkable when, it came to a personality as perfect as yours.

At night, I like to think you’re by my side helping me to cope with this pressure I dare to keep inside.

Still,

I cannot bring my-self to a good night sleep.

My eyes wide awake, feeling like my body is changing as I go into a nocturnal state.

As I took the silky black blanket off me, I rose tiredly from where I wish to rest.

Walking into the kitchen, my stride goes numb and my fingers start to sweat.

The soreness of my eyes, has taken hold on my vision.

All a sudden, the coldest chill went down my spine and I fell on my knees and started to cry.

The clock strikes 1 am; still I am here, thinking of that person who had that chance to save my life.

Remembering what it was like to be by her side, never questioning those words she spoke to me as the memory went by.

I took up the hurt from time from time.

Pain?

Who the f**k cares, I was standing by your side.

A thousand eyes turning in the dark, reaching to see her,

To find her,

Trying to seek out what hurt inside her heart.

My shield I dug around her heart was so strong; unbreakable.

This love, all for you my princess of the Sun and goddess of the Moon.

At last I went upon my feet, and stood on the hard wooden floor.

Remembering those precious words, she once reaped to me, for she only wanted to make me whole.

Her wish was for me to happy within myself, and not to bear anyone else.

Slowly I had made the climb back into bed.

All I dared to dream tonight is about you, and to protect what we have from becoming fragile.

I knew you were ok, for next time I see you I’ll promise.

I won’t be the same.

© 2010 KalebG (Cry Faux)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the strength and directness of the poem.Your words held my attention and I could feel the desire and need in your words. I like the ending. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautifully voiced hon!
Always hard to feel that pain of missing someone and wanting to reassure them!
Awesome work
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awww so sweet and true nice job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2010
Last Updated on August 1, 2010

Author

KalebG (Cry Faux)
KalebG (Cry Faux)

Kansas City, KS



About
I am a teen writer, and college student, who passion is to tell my life through imagination. hoping to become a Game Designer, working with sqaure enix. I create these poems, when i need to c.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


i miss you dad i miss you dad

A Poem by BELLA