Letter From Myself

Letter From Myself

A Poem by K.M. Lucero

Dear Kristina,


    I fell twenty feet from the ocean floor yesterday. It was very dark at first. Then the darnedest thing happened. A little rabbit swam by and handed me a flower with a light bulb blooming. I walked down a path leading away from you. A caterpillar screamed at me to get out of the way. He was carrying a little black cat on his back. They were in a rush to somewhere. A little further down the path a little red lady pushed me down. She walked over me and was followed by a thousand little chicks. Each one bounced over me without a thought. Dusting myself off, I continued on, looking over my shoulder in anticipation. Then I walked smack into a large man. He was drinking something out of a shoe. He turned to me and exclaimed I was late and pushed me forward. Chaos pursued. He pushed me into the red lady who slapped my arrogance away. And she set me onto the back of the caterpillar. But now he was a butterfly. I rode his back all the way up to the ocean floor. He shrugged me off. I landed quiet sharply on the sandy ground. Then I felt a sharp pain in my cheek and was pulled up to the air above. Hauled out and tossed aside I turned back to see the little rabbit. He winked at me and tossed the line back into the sea.  It seems that it’s not that easy to be rid of you.


Sincerely,

Yourself

© 2013 K.M. Lucero


Author's Note

K.M. Lucero
Something I just wrote while trying to get through writers block during NaNoWriMo.
Hope you enjoy it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice write,almost like a fairytale ;]

Posted 8 Years Ago


A truly fantastic piece of poetry, I am impressed. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 5, 2013
Last Updated on November 5, 2013

Author

K.M. Lucero
K.M. Lucero

San Diego, CA



About
I am officially working on my first book with the hopes of having it completed and publish in the next year or so. Follow all my writing and book reviews on Facebook! more..

Writing
Stubborn Stubborn

A Story by K.M. Lucero