Sandra

Sandra

A Story by K.M. Lucero
"

How would you react to seeing what you believe is an angel? This is a very short piece introducing this story…

"

All she could see from where she sat on the packed bus was bits of a navy blue coat, or maybe a sweaters. It was more the voice and how profoundly it hit her inner core. Sandra couldn’t explain it but that when that man spoke she felt an urge deep within her. It was like she wanted to get the hell out of that bus and fly away. Yes, fly away up into the sky and feel the freedom of the wind and sky rush past her wings. She closed her eyes and pictured her flight when the man spoke again.

“Well ma’am I don’t know what to tell you except that if you want it badly enough and truly believe it will happen for ya,” the deepness of his voice and the careful annunciation of the vowels hinted at this not being his first language.

Sandra lurched forward and almost fell out of her seat when the bus came to a halt at Main street. The jolt had caught her off guard and her eyes shot open in reaction. Sitting patiently and hoping to finally be able to catch a glimpse of the man she had this strange connection to she was disappointed to find he had departed the bus.

She stood and searched the street for the man. She spotted a tall blond man in the same navy blue color she had seen just a moment ago. Was that him? He was turned away from her so all she could see was his back. He was very tall and the jeans and tennis he wore seemed out of place on this man. She couldn’t explain why but she just knew that he should be dressed in something more grandeur.

The bus lurched forward as it moved on in its route and Sandra watched as the man began to disappear. Suddenly he had turned towards her and their eyes locked. He has the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen and gasped when he met her gaze. They were two shades of gray with the inner iris a lighter almost blue and the outer ring was a deeper, darker gray. Their exchange was brief and Sandra was startled when the man winked at her and turned. She was shaken to her core by why she saw next.

As she watched the man walk away large white wings appeared from his back. All Sandra could do was stare as the wings opened up, seemingly the length of the mans height, and with a few flaps of those majestic wings the man was lifted towards the sky and out of Sandra’s view. Dazed and confused she sat down and stared into nothingness as she tried to process what she had just seen.

Who or what was that? Why was I so connected to him? Was he a bird man? An angel? What the hell!

© 2014 K.M. Lucero


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this short. The way is it narrated kind of reminds me of modern day story you hear about sightings of strange, paranormal creatures, whether they're ghosts, aliens, bigfoot, what-have-you. It is told from the perspective of knowing exactly what you saw while still not being entirely sure what you saw, which is a nice touch. Could it have been an angel Sure, maybe, I don't know. Anyway, I really liked it, it was the first piece I have read this morning and it was a really cool read. It didn't try to be more than it was or needed to be. Nice work. Best of luck.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 16, 2014
Last Updated on January 18, 2014

Author

K.M. Lucero
K.M. Lucero

San Diego, CA



About
I am officially working on my first book with the hopes of having it completed and publish in the next year or so. Follow all my writing and book reviews on Facebook! more..

Writing
Stubborn Stubborn

A Story by K.M. Lucero