Interrupted Buddha

Interrupted Buddha

A Poem by KWP

You call yourself a saviour?


You waltz your well eaten belly 

from nation to nation 

preaching 

‘All will be saved,

or

all will be lost 

do as I do.’


You claim yourself to be a prophet?


Delivering rules and regulations

for one to stay your ‘versionized’ kind of pure. 


Whose rules? Whose regulations?


You call yourself a truth sayer, 

you say you have messages delivered personally 

by the big man himself. 


I call codswallop!


I say after licking the sweat of my male escorts crotch 

after a night filled with 

acts that would make your jaw scrape along the 

gutters collecting cockroaches. 

(much more relaxed now.)


One cannot offer out lashings of atonement 

for the cost of three Hail Mary’s, 

or nightly arvith’s

or daily recitals of Bismillahi wa barakatillah. 



As the universe now rushes into me,

I spew forth your only rule… 

It is your turn to listen.


See that petrified tree?


Yes, yes that one. 

Go, sit by  it.

Close your eyes, 

look within. 


Don’t come back until your mind 

is able to reach the inner, outers, and ends

of all we know. 


Push your outdated wares into dissipation

the same place you can push yourself too. 



© 2017 KWP


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

No savior in this world. Just people trying to steal from each other. Your words hard, direct and true. Things done in the name of religion had left the world in war for 5000 plus year. Powerful and worthwhile shared my friend.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


'One cannot offer out lashings of atonement
for the cost of three Hail Mary’s,
or nightly arvith’s
or daily recitals of Bismillahi wa barakatillah.'

Exactly; nothing but add on engineering that no doubt is giving the genuine higher hand either an enormous belly laugh, or pause to shake a head in disbelief at our antics.

Beccy.

Posted 6 Years Ago


So, do you know first-hand of those genuine moments where a piece is so raw, so strong, so punchy, that your first reaction to it is "OH F**K"? This fit the bill- no doubt about it. I was speechless at points here, KWP. Very interesting narrative, great title for a catch, and I can see this being a piece that I revisit again.

Exponential levels of love for this one.

Posted 6 Years Ago


KWP

6 Years Ago

What a great review - this made me smile - so happy it resonates - sending exponential right back my.. read more
This is so f*cking good!! I wish everyone could read this. So powerful!

Posted 6 Years Ago


KWP

6 Years Ago

ha :D cheers Julia .... a moments thought X
' .. Don’t come back until your mind ~ is able to reach the inner, outers, and ends~ of all we know' '

There are/always have been religious leaders who manipulate both mind and spirit. Many by manufactured hysteria, others with printed dictats that stand as rules.Tis easy enough to condemn all and sundry. I am a believer, reared by RC turned Anglican mother/agnostic father who encouraged their children to think for selves as to physical and spiritual behaviour. So I became C of E. But, as time's passed have decided the outdoor world holds so much more of the Christian faith than the walls of its buildings. What makes one pause, gasp and thrill-at is what matters, however small, however fleeting.

There is one rule to live by, and is stated in most religions in one form of another: 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.' The spiritual leader who calls that single phrase as prayer, as mantra, should have Mankind's vote. Surely.

Like everything else, religion has become a business that reflects both value and loss. Is it the bosses or the workforce to blame, i wonde.! Sliding down from pulpit, adopting contrite pose. Have sinned by blathering but, oh boy do you write great words that urge thoughts into varying directions. Thank you, dear E. for putting up with me.Your extraordinary poem is laid intricately, gives shades of self and.. others. Have cut some of this, forgive.

Posted 6 Years Ago


emmajoy

6 Years Ago

Returned to read your words, your post again.. Needed affirmation, needing to view the other person'.. read more
KWP

6 Years Ago

Hello lovely - coming to you from Santiago - leaving for San Pedro Desert 🌵 today.

.. read more
emmajoy

6 Years Ago

Travel safely and happily, dear heart. As ever, things are trundling along between bounces! xx
A very good narrative. And very well said to those that are concern. Sort of admonishment. Let a prophet be a true one whose massage has no iota of doubt. Well crafted, KWP.

Posted 6 Years Ago


KWP

6 Years Ago

Thank you my friend - and yes I agree with what you say - LOVE X
wow! bold and shocking .... religious leaders are called to much higher standings than those that follow ..so many examples of their failures ... we can get mad at them ..its ok isn't it!? ... here is a great song for you Big K! ;)
https://youtu.be/cUfIKX5ReKQ
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago


KWP

6 Years Ago

I do believe you have given me this gift of song a while back - loving it all over with my fresh to .. read more
Einstein Noodle

6 Years Ago

perhaps i did...M Ward are a favorite group of mine and i think thats a pretty cool song of theirs
Fantastic!!!! This is a poem that should be posted on the walls of every religious institution

Posted 6 Years Ago


KWP

6 Years Ago

unfortunately people are blind to what they have been taught X
I don't think the review that was left by the plagiarist below in the red shirt (wordman) is at all apt for this. I take this as a plea for mind expansion and a more inclusive interpretation of the world around us. Also as a plea for trust and faith in the human race. "Sin" (I believe) was a creation of modern humans struggling to psychologically keep a population in line via shame and material reward. I think we're sophisticated enough to behave without being shamed for petty things. Of all the drug dealers and all the murderers and all the natural disasters - no one has killed more than all the denominations of organized religion. There is an outstanding book written by a Christian monk by the name of Thomas Merton called 'Zen and the Birds of Appetite'. I have a feeling you might like it (and Merton was a really good writer no matter what you believe in spiritually so it's not complete f*****g torture to read). I'm an atheist if I didn't already mention it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KWP

6 Years Ago

You have mentioned Merton before - I really must take a dabble ...
i think we all struggle with religion we are born into sin,we live in sin ..

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

433 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 4, 2017
Last Updated on November 4, 2017

Author

KWP
KWP

Sydney, NSW, Australia



About
'The kernel, the soul — let us go further and say the substance, the bulk, the actual and valuable material of all human utterances — is plagiarism. For substantially all ideas are sec.. more..

Writing
Lisa & Kal Lisa & Kal

A Poem by KWP



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Too Close Too Close

A Poem by KWP