Nothing Left

Nothing Left

A Poem by KWP
"

Im exploring my current bad attitude

"

as life dissolves, 

slips away 

normality is the intruder

questions arise 

of come what may, and 

you are left opened mouthed, 

with no answer


‘this too shall pass’ 

the wise ones say 


but this hellish plateau is lingering 


questions arise 

come? what? may?


trajectories keep on changing


human spirit has let me down

passion kicked to the side

why are we here, if not to truly live?

an essence commoners deplore 


extremities are shelter for those who truly feel


harshness ripping cold mountain winds

ferocity of the fall

you must, you must get back up 


mind broken by commonplace

a trick to deceive even the strongest of us

hearts broken by life


can we mend when the mender has too succumbed? 



© 2021 KWP


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

If you are not familiar with David Whyte's poetry, you might enjoy him. I've been exploring the idea of mindfulness as a way of growing closer to the idea that change is as natural to our existence--probably more so--as stasis. When we experience a jolt it is so hard to move the mind towards its new center because the desire to hold on to one thing, another, or the many that have passed through is so strong. I admit, I am not very good at applying this to my life. But it gives me comfort sometimes when the darkness is the light in my mind. I enjoy the way you explore these very human experiences in such personal ways and bring us into your experience. Like an invitation to recognize our likeness.

Posted 2 Years Ago


When we fall into darkness, dead-end. Hard to see the exit to hope.
"can we mend when the mender has too succumbed? "
I have asked the above question often. Thank you my friend for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago


KWP

2 Years Ago

thank you as always my friend XX
Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

You are welcome my dear friend.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Methinks we are totally shagged if we start looking to deeply into life, and you brighter folk even more so. I decided long ago when I survived an accident that should have killed me that whatever happens will, and if I ain't causing the problems I sure ain't gonna worry to much about them.
Hope you are well m'dear, good to see your attractive mug smiling at me this wet, miserable Sunday morning :))

Posted 2 Years Ago


KWP

2 Years Ago

Hey You !! And I guess this is exactly what I needed to hear and yes it is all so so true. Interesti.. read more
Gee

2 Years Ago

An attractive mug :))
Wife and daughter, my only child and only wife :)
There is only so much any person can take and I think after 15 months of the pandemic, we have been pushed over the edge. I am hanging on by a thread. Thing is, there is still hope. Really. I saw a beautiful rainbow two nights ago and it inspired me. Life is still good. Lydi**

Posted 2 Years Ago


KWP

2 Years Ago

I will hang on with you Lidi - just heard a great few words - It is the hardships in life that will .. read more
I think the key to keep in mind is that normality is not really a thing. Even the standard is weird depending upon your view. Space is expanding into something. What that something is could be... anything. How you take it is how it takes you.

Don't lose hope. Only you can really let you down. True strength comes only from the inside, everything else is just s**t you deal with. The secret is not easily shared, perhaps even, not something that can be shared.

Concious life is weird. Perhaps even a mistake.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Davidgeo

2 Years Ago

You don't need anything from me.

Do what you are good at. Show the world your unders.. read more
Davidgeo

2 Years Ago

(i worded that wrong...
KWP

2 Years Ago

Ha! That’s amusing.

hope is lost if " .... the mender has too succumbed" ... i use to crash myself upon the mountain .. craggy rocks and all ... scratching and climbing and bruising all the way .. and all the way down when inevitably I failed ... until i stopped ... quieted all the noise and heard God whispering .. "Turn around Gene. I'VE been looking and waiting for YOU! I am the Mountain no climbing needed" ;)
E.

Posted 2 Years Ago


KWP

2 Years Ago

Hello You ! - Yeah that quote works for sure. 'Turn around Elizabeth - there's beer back here!'
read more
Einstein Noodle

2 Years Ago

:) ....................... hugs Bug!
yes, i think i am in that "bad attitude" state, and don't want to drive back over the border.
Life keeps throwing punches and after awhile we become fighters who just accept them and wait to drop.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


KWP

2 Years Ago

Hey Jacob, Thanks for stopping by. The ebbs and flows can be rigorous ...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 1, 2021
Last Updated on June 1, 2021

Author

KWP
KWP

Sydney, NSW, Australia



About
'The kernel, the soul — let us go further and say the substance, the bulk, the actual and valuable material of all human utterances — is plagiarism. For substantially all ideas are sec.. more..

Writing
Lisa & Kal Lisa & Kal

A Poem by KWP