Letter to a Wife

Letter to a Wife

A Story by Kaede16
"

It wasn't

"



Tomorrow, I won’t be able to stand in front of you and smile, with a fresh mind and clear eyes. I won’t say again “I have never.” Never kissed your lips on his mouth. Never touched  your fingers on his skin. Never tasted you....

Tomorrow, my tongue will have wandered a road already drawn by yours. Would it be selfish? To hope, I mean, that I’ll play with this toy-man like you never did; to leave my own mark so one day someone (the next one, that surely will come after me) do with mine what tomorrow I’ll do with yours? 

I could say that he seduced me, that you neglect him, that the house, his job, the children, these unfinished businesses, the past lives, the zodiac, the gods, the glances, the genetics and the pheromones, the coffee…. I could say ‘I love him.’ And even if I did and I convinced him, his mother,  you, myself and the world, I’d still be a coward. 

Right?

Tomorrow I’m going to want to tattoo my essence on his body. Bite the neck, the chest, the thighs. Claw his back to take with me at least, a couple epithelial cells under my nails. But to even think of it should be forbidden; because we are, him and I, a whisper in your ear. A nightmare that you forget in the morning. A shadow that prowls around the kitchen and makes your head turn, startled. 

If it makes you feel better, I’ll be losing the most. Tomorrow I’ll say goodbye to my composure, to my pride even, a little bit. To my principles -those I’ll miss the most.-

Tomorrow I’ll tell you if it was worth it.

© 2020 Kaede16


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Riveting story, dark and sexy. Thank you for sharing this. It pulls you in then the story evolves and revolves and you find yourself in a vortex. Probably a similar feeling that the night time lovers feel in a very intense way. It is spicy, it gets hot " Claw his back to take with me at least, a couple epithelial cells under my nails." and all the while captivating.

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
1 Review
Added on June 8, 2020
Last Updated on June 8, 2020
Tags: letter, epistolary, cheating

Author

Kaede16
Kaede16

FL



Writing
ecstasy ecstasy

A Poem by Kaede16