Part 6

Part 6

A Chapter by Jordan
"

Yael becomes one with the night.

"

There was a warehouse not too far into town that we turned into our new home. The only way in that I could find was a hole in the wall just big enough for me to crawl through. I did what I could to block the doors from the inside to make sure that the hole remained the only way in. At night I tied Molly to a pole to make sure she stayed home, and I went out to the rest of the town to see who our neighbors were.


I found that a larger section of the town was still lived in. I mapped out which roads led to and from that part of the city, which streets to take to make my escape if I got caught, and where the best places to hide and watch the town were. Eventually I was able to go out during the day and see how the town really operated. They were run by a group of men who called themselves police. Their leader seemed like he cared more about keeping himself in power than doing what was best for the people. He would regularly give speeches about how great the town will be if they all just keep going, and how he was leading them to rebuilding life before Cheyenne.


I never really liked listening to him. I usually just blocked him out and watched how the police acted. I watched where their patrols during the day, which streets they took, which buildings they checked, and how often they took a break. I figured out when and where I had to be if I was going to survive here unseen. I didn’t trust them so I had no plans of joining their town. Instead I had become a shadow stalking them by day and a ghost robbing them by night. I’m not going to lie, I felt pretty cool.



© 2015 Jordan


Author's Note

Jordan
It's supposed to be a first person narrative. I want to flesh it out as much as it needs. Let me know what you think needs changed, dropped, or expanded on. Be critical.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on June 19, 2015
Last Updated on June 21, 2015


Author

Jordan
Jordan

Writing
The Muse The Muse

A Story by Jordan


One One

A Chapter by Jordan