Part 8

Part 8

A Chapter by Jordan
"

Yael gets desperate.

"

I waited for the patrols to die down enough for me to go out. I sat on the roof of the warehouse watching them at night. But one night I saw something strange. I saw a fire not too far out of town. As far as I could tell no one but me ever came here, and no one from town ever left. Whoever it was had to have food with them, and it seemed a lot safer to steal from them than to sneak back into town. I climbed down, grabbed my bag, and snuck to the outskirts of town to find the fire.


When I got there fire was out and I didn’t see anyone around. I was worried that I had walked into a trap and hid in a gas station that wasn’t far from the fire. I nearly tripped over the person sleeping inside. He was in a corner holding a gun like he had been watching the door. I wasn’t sure if it really had been a trap and he fell asleep on the job, or if he didn’t trust anyone either. He had a huge bag by his feet that I hoped was full of food. I’m glad my stomach didn’t roar while I was there, or I would’ve woken him up.


I tried to be as quiet as possible and go through his bag, but I decided to just take the whole thing and look later. When I tried picking it up it nearly crushed me. It weighed almost as much as I did. I wondered how on earth this guy was carrying it. I picked it up as much as I could and slid it out of the store. I knew I couldn’t drag it down the road so I threw it onto my back and slowly strained my way back to town. It took a lot longer than I expected and the sun was coming up by the time I got back.



© 2018 Jordan


Author's Note

Jordan
It's supposed to be a first person narrative. I want to flesh it out as much as it needs. Let me know what you think needs changed, dropped, or expanded on. Be critical.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Liking it a lot!

A few grammar tweaks:
"He had a huge _bad_ by his feet that I hoped was full of food." End of second 'graph. "Bad" should be "bag"
" I picked it up as much as I could and slid it out of the store." Feels awkward to me, but.. if it's fine with you that's all that matters.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jordan

8 Years Ago

Awkward way of trying to show its a heavy bag.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
1 Review
Added on June 19, 2015
Last Updated on February 18, 2018


Author

Jordan
Jordan

Writing
The Muse The Muse

A Story by Jordan


One One

A Chapter by Jordan