Vanish

Vanish

A Story by Kaiodem
"

This is a deleted scene from my book that I've written; it's in the perspective of my main guy character, Vaan.

"
     The dream started out like any other, the ones that keep haunting me. I stand on the dirt plateau millions of miles high above the ocean as she holds my hand, and we gaze out into the peach colored horizon armed with millions of black clouds.
     “Forever?” she asks as we stand on the edge, staring out into the depths of the deep blue sea. Waves crash, perilously, against the plateau’s chest, crawling up towards us. She looks down as the waves lap farther up the side, licking the dirt away.
     “Always,” I respond, squeezing her hand to gain her attention.
     Her bright silver eyes vision the future of us, and I can tell that’s what she’s picturing. A long breeze sweeps through her hair as her lilac scent draws out. My nose fills with it so I can save it for later. This memory is perfect, so perfect it’s almost tangible. I’ve never felt the word love till now.
    The plateau begins to sunder under our feet which causes a line to divide us. The part she stands on drifts out into the ocean while her hand reaches desperately for mine, but the movement is too fast for us to connect. Her rose twirls into the ocean, falling faster and faster. I dive to save it, to save her soul from death, but it splashes onto the surface, the petals slowly fading...fading into black.
    “No…” my voice falls as the water consumes me. I fight my way to stay above the ocean’s surface, but it feels as if its arms are pulling me under, far far away. The dark army of clouds now veils the horizon, and everything seems to disappear, even the plateau where she once stood.
    “She’s mine now,” a low voice laughs, evil and contorted, and then the waves spill their water into my ears, making my world vanish before me.

© 2012 Kaiodem


Author's Note

Kaiodem
I had taken this out before I edited my book, so it may not be in it's best form. I tried my best though! Give me all your thoughts and comments, though; I'll appreciate anything!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
Added on July 7, 2012
Last Updated on July 7, 2012
Tags: rose, guy, paranormal, fantasy, fall, falling, cliff, ocean, plateau, science fiction, creatures, story, love

Author

Kaiodem
Kaiodem

About
Welcome, my lovelies. My name is Kai, and I'm an aspiring young adult writer. I am currently revising my YA paranormal romance. Some things about me: I love tea. My favorite band is Five Finger D.. more..

Writing
Dreams Dreams

A Book by Kaiodem