Ceiling Tiles

Ceiling Tiles

A Story by K8lyn
"

True Story...

"
It was after school. My friend was going to put up this ceiling tile in our biology classroom. (Our biology teacher does this thing where she puts the elements -periodic table- on ceiling tiles. like by painting them and such. kids can make one for extra credit. my friend did this.)
So she needed to put it up actually IN the ceiling. i said id meet her there to help or whatever. so we get there and FIRST we have to take down the existing tile. that's pretty difficult in an of itself. trying to put one IN is much harder. my friend cant do it, so i try. and it seems like its too big. that it wont fit. so im thinking i need a little knife or something to trim the edge. but we have no knife. so im like HEY! a scalpel! were in a biology room, she has to have a scalpel. bio teacher says we can use one.
so picture this: im up on the table, arms above my head, wearing goggles so things don't fall in my eyes, sawing away at the ceiling. all kinds of debris are falling everywhere, ceiling tile pieces, insulation, etc. its crazy.
THEN the ceiling tile decides to fit. and we realize, it didn't need to be cut at all. its perfectly fine the way it is BEFORE i started cutting at it. i feel like a failure. no one will stop laughing at this stupidity that has just unfolded. its ridiculous! so now you can see the ceiling tile, with a big chunk missing out of the corner.
 
and then we had to clean up the mess on the floor.

© 2011 K8lyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
Added on April 17, 2011
Last Updated on April 17, 2011

Author

K8lyn
K8lyn

Denton, TX



About
I am an average perfectionist. I'm slightly OCD. (SLIGHTLY if you didnt catch that.) I like poetry and LOVE books. I call myself artsy. um... my favorite color is green. I'm all about 80.. more..

Writing
A bit of blue A bit of blue

A Story by K8lyn


panic attack panic attack

A Story by K8lyn