Love Hurts

Love Hurts

A Story by Mandi D K
"

Sometimes you just need to break away from the one you love

"

 

Tears stain her cheeks as she signs off MSN, here head falls into her hands and her body is wracked with sobs. He didn’t even say goodbye, she whispers, making her tears fall harder. Why did this have to be so hard?
 
Love, it does funny things to people.
 
Pushing the chair back, she gets up and walks away from the computer and out of the room into the kitchen, where the CD player is blaring and a half finished canvas is sitting on the kitchen table with a few brushes and paint scattered around it. Shakily she picks up the brush, dips it into the pale lilac paint and exhales hoping that painting will take her mind off him. She applies the paint to a corner of the canvas and her hand shakes. I can’t do this, she murmurs. Tossing the brush roughly onto the newspaper she walks to her room and takes in the chocolate bed spread and curtains. In haling deeply she falls to her knees, forgetting about the physical pain and crying as her heart breaks for yet another time.
 
She has never felt like this before. No man has made her feel powerless before. She has always depended on herself; she had never needed a man. What the f**k is she thinking? This is getting out of hand. Love is not supposed to hurt this much. It’s not supposed to be hidden either.
 
She wipes her eyes and inhales sharply. He was disappointed and mad at her because she caved she cut, she bled. It wasn’t about him this time. he did it once to, basically in front of her and she never said anything. She supported him, she cared for him, she loved him, instead of turning away from him. F**k you she screamed, tears streaming down her face, F**k you, she choked out, running a finger down the shallow cut on her arm.
 
I tell this story to people sometimes and they never believe me that this girl was once me, they can’t see the scars that are left on my heart and my wrist. I loved him once, I loved him twice, but the third time was my undoing, I had the strength to walk away from him, to say goodbye to my first true love. It hurt like hell and still does but there are some things in life that were never meant to be and we were one of them. I loved him so much and I had to leave him in order to make myself whole again. I slowly learned to depend on myself again and I shut out every man that ever approached me. I lost some of my best friends because there was no way I could depend on them. I am sorry that I had to say goodbye to Matt and Tom and Danny, but it had to be done and now I have myself, I don’t like this lie I have set up for myself I want to be the person I once was. The innocent naïve girl who didn’t care about things and had a sweet heart, but I guess that, that girl was destroyed when he hurt me.

© 2008 Mandi D K


Author's Note

Mandi D K
Ignore an grammar problems. I wrote this story when i was angry at a now ex.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you. :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


So beautiful and very tragic. I used to be a cutter, so I can relate to it. It is very well written and pulls the reader in right away. Great writing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Quite sad, yet still very beautiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


really heartfelt and descriptive, good job, i liked it

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
4 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 4, 2008

Author

Mandi D K
Mandi D K

Melbourne, Australia



About
I'm a 25 year old writing lover living in the beautiful city of Melbourne. Currently I'm undertaking my second degree and in my last year of the amazing course. I love running, healthy foods, D&M's an.. more..

Writing