Chapter Four: Alistair

Chapter Four: Alistair

A Chapter by Indigomoon

         The day the twins were born, was the happiest and saddest day of my life. I had been with my sister; their mother that day.

     Naomi went through seven hours of labor, and then I heard a small cry. I remembered coming in against the wishes of the nurses. I wept as I saw the nurses wrap the child up in blanket; then the elven nurse said there was another one. Ten minutes later the nurses wrapped up the second child, I cried out of joy.

The Elf nurse smiled at me

“Two healthy girls Alistair.”

She handed me them and I looked at them, they were so innocent and small. 

“Thank Gia, that they are well.”

I looked at the nurse

“What is your name?”

the nurse gave me a shocked look

“My name is Ophelia.” I nodded

“Beautiful it is both of a star and of Shakespeare play.” I heard a moan “Ali..” I went to the room of my sister she was so ill she could barely move “Alistair are they okay?” The nurse whispered to me. “We could not push back the poison enough to save her for more than a few months.”

Nodding I walked to my sister and handed her the children. “They are beautiful.” Naomi smiled

“They have their father’s eyes Alistair.” I smiled

“I thought of names for them.” Naomi looked at me lightly touching her daughters.

“What is it Ali?”

I looked at the nurse

“How about Claudia and Cordelia.”

Naomi chuckled a tad coughing afterwards

“That seems like a beautiful fit.”

I sat there watching her lay with her daughters

“Ali?” she gasped slowly

I went and held her hand

“Yes Naomi?”

She looked at me the grey veins on her neck

“I am not long for this world.”

I felt tears flood my eyes

“Naomi, I will find a way.”

She smiled

“I will die soon Ali I want to make my death count.”

I knelt to her tears going down my face.

“The woman who has been kind to me this past few months Josephine; she cannot bear any children. I want the girls to be raised by her and her husband as their own.”

        I grew angry “No I will raise them.”

Naomi shushed me

“Ali, you must help protect this camp. I will use my life to help them cloak their magic until it is time.”

  Kissing her forehead, I said an old prayer.

“Naomi what about Jasper?”

Naomi smiled

“I can only manage to cloak them and save him from the abyss.”

I nodded

“What if you use that last bit to make yourself a vessel to heal.”

Naomi shook her head

“No Jasper needs me.”

I shook my head

“I will save him I promise Naomi, please don’t leave us.”

Naomi whipped my tears

“You must promise me if I make myself into a vessel you will free Jasper.”

I nodded

“Of course.”

She relaxed I saw silver whisp come out of her

“I will become a piece of lapus.”

I smiled as I handed her my necklace

“I will keep you safe.”

Naomi smiled and kissed my forehead

“I love you Ali, and my daughter please protect them as you would me.”

Put my forehead to hers as I cried I said

“I love you too Naomi.”

She slowly faded the light of silver going to her daughters. Then a small piece of blue lapus lazuli formed on the pillow were here head had laid. I picked it up and put it inside the locket our parents had given me when I left to train as a mage.

        Slowly standing up I went to get a big basket; the girls were quiet as I put them in and wrapped them up as it was almost winter. I walked to the south side of the gate, and knocked on the door. A small woman answered her hair long and wavy.

“Alistair?”

I handed her the girls

“Naomi wished for you to take care of them as your own.”

Josephine gasped

“Alistair are you sure?”

I shook my head as tears ran down my face.

“No, yet she knew you would love them as your own.”

Josephine started to cry as well at the news of Naomi’s death. I told her what had happened, and she dried her tears. Josephine’s husband Russel came down the stairs from just waking up.

        One look he knew

“Alistair, I am sorry.”

I nodded “Please take care of them.”

Josephine smiled as she brought them in she handed them to Russel. I saw the smile on his face; and knew they would safe here.

        “You must have wanted many children.”

Josephine nodded “Russel and I wanted to get help for a long time but we cannot afford it.”

I nodded I walked in and touched Josephine’s shoulder.

“This is a thank you from my sister and I.”

I left the home my tears stinging my face; I knew I had done the right thing. I continued to my home and felt as if Naomi was smiling at me from the gem in the locket I kept near my heart.

 



© 2017 Indigomoon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on December 4, 2017
Last Updated on December 4, 2017