Chapter Six: Alistair

Chapter Six: Alistair

A Chapter by Indigomoon

       I stroked my beard as I began the story.

   “It was eighteen years ago; the land was cold as October sat in.    Your mother was almost ready to give birth to the two of you; your father Jasper at the time was making stuffed animals to go into the cribs.”

I thought back to that day.

“I was over to help your mother, she was the most powerful wizard in the land. I however insisted she should not be tending to Archmage duties six months pregnant; I was helping her tend to the garden. Then all the sudden a loud crash came from the living room.”

I held myself still hearing the screams coming from Jasper.

“Your father had managed to kill one of the intruders; it was the wizards from the north with their pets.” Closing my eyes, I saw the drool coming from one of the ogre’s lips.

“The war had just begun, with the Faye wanting to come up from the shadows and the humans refusing to come to a peaceful agreement. Your mother had thought we would be safe in the South as it was neutral territory.”

I could still see the wicked smile of the witches face.

“One of them had been killed and it was the husband to one of the witches; that mad it worse. We fought them magic flying everywhere, yet they knew your mother could not do much without straining herself. They had planned to wait till she was almost due to attack.”

Naomi yelled for Jasper as he blocked her from the shockwaves of magic.

“Your father managed to kill most of them with my help. Jasper however was sent to the realm of Faye, still sealed off today. The last one got away before death not before she had it your mother with a very powerful nightshade spell.”

My eyes watered out of anger

“I had been trying to open the seal to get your father; I had not seen it and could not properly catch it in time. Your mother managed to slow it done till she was able to give birth.”

I wiped my eyes.

“We traveled far, looking for a home then one day we say a human refugee camp that was open to the Faye kind.  We were helped by the Leaders wife, Wyatt’s grandma Paloma and the midwifes help reduce much of the swelling.”

I let out a sigh

“Your mother hung on for three months, somedays she was healthy enough to help make clothes and blankets. Then other days I was sure she would die; in that time she had meet Josephine. Josephine had helped take care of her when I was helping the Leader with Anti-magic force fields for the camp as agreed for us to stay.

Your mother finally gave birth to you two, three months later and managed to save enough magic to turn herself into a Lapus Lazuili stone to heal.  I had many regrets one was giving you two up; your mother knew though that Russel and Josephine would take care of you both and love you as their own as they were barren.”

I stroked my beard as I continued

“I healed Josephine, so she could get pregnant as a thank you, I received many things after your mother’s death. I remained Archmage to Wyatt’s grandfather Theo and agreed to stay on when he handed it down to one of his grandsons; at the time I had suspected it would have been Wyatt’s older brothers to take over not the five-year-old who had spent days with me while his brothers and father went out to get food drops.”

I finished the story and smiled at the twins they were even more beautiful than the day they were born.



© 2017 Indigomoon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on December 4, 2017
Last Updated on December 4, 2017