Studio Horror

Studio Horror

A Story by KatDarkness
"

horror scene

"

The photography studio looked as if the models and photographer had left in a mad rush. The smoke machines were still whirring away, turning the air hazy white, and there were stepped-on eyeshadows and lipsticks spilling colourful powders across the pale, polished wood floors. The walls were all shining and mirrored.

Selena walked further into the room, searching for a way to turn off the smoke-machines. When she eventually found the controls, she stood waiting for the air to clear a bit.

When the smoke had faded to the slightest mist, Selena walked forward, before seeing the most horrific sight she had ever witnessed;

In the centre of the room, a headless, blood-stained, grey-white, partially exoskeletal creature was writhing in what appeared to be agony. As it rolled over on its side; Selena saw a deep, festering wound on its back. Yellow-green pus, crimson blood and a pink-grey mucus-like substance were pouring from the wound, angry black-red sores and weeping scabs started to rise around it.

Selena screamed, before managing to control herself. Just when she had calmed down, another terrible sight took place.

Hundreds of small, purple spiders crawled from the deepening wound, crawling towards Selena, creeping up her legs and sticking themselves into her skin, their glinting silver fangs poisoning her. She was becoming an exact copy of the creature on the floor.

With one last anguished, agonised scream, her transformation was complete.

© 2012 KatDarkness


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Yellow-green pus, crimson blood and a pink-grey mucus-like substance were pouring from the wound, angry black-red sores and weeping scabs started to rise around it." Beautiful
"Selena screamed, before managing to control herself." I think that in itself deserves a paragraph.
"She was becoming an exact copy of the creature on the floor." How?
Your story definitely has my attention, it just seems cut short. You could absolutely stretch this into a colorful and maddening piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


KatDarkness

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your review :) the piece was never really meant to be a story; just something I was do.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 28, 2012
Last Updated on December 28, 2012
Tags: horror

Author

KatDarkness
KatDarkness

Ireland



About
My name is Kathy, and I am a psychological horror writer, who enjoys philosophy, psychology, art, writing (duh!) reading books by Stephen King and Karin Slaughter; and writing dark, abstract poetry an.. more..

Writing
Sister Sister

A Poem by KatDarkness