My Mother

My Mother

A Story by Kate Ruta
"

this is supposed to be a specimen type style story. It is not really good.

"

“I buy and you drive?” my mother said to me.

            “What.” I asked to her while organizing my room with my best friend sitting at my desk. “I was wanting pizza. Do you want pizza?” She asked leaning against my sold oak door.

            “I am not really hungry and not in the mood for pizza. Do you want pizza Diane? I mean if you want pizza mom you can order it and get some, I will probably change my mind once I go pick it up.” I told her not looking up from what I was doing.

            My mother kept rambling on and on about wanting pizza and ordering it and then not ordering it finally leaving my room. In the end I don’t think I ever found out if I was going to buy the pizza for her. My mother likes to talk and talks, but never give a finish statement of what she going to do. I’ve learned to ignore my mother and just move on with my life.

            “Do you think she going to order the pizza?” Diane asked me.

            I just looked at her giving smirk and raised eyebrows and shook my head and went back to pack my suitcase. We kept talking and I kept packing and cleaning my room. We talked about how my brother was having a party and how none of his friends showed up. We kept talking about everything possible, random stuff. Talked about my family, school, underwear, start speaking in a language I don’t think is even human. Then we finally realized the time and were figuring out if we were going to have pizza or not.

            We walked downstairs to find my mother sitting on the couch in the dark watching, NCIS or Bones, or something along the line of that.

            “So are we getting pizza or not? Am I still driving why you buy?” I asked her.

            “Sure we can buy pizza. We will order from Christiano’s pizza. Go grab the menu.”

She paused the TV and got up from the couch and walked into kitchen and called them just to find out they are closed.

            “Well that sucks, now we need to find a new pizza. I will order from Old World.”

            “Where is Old World?” I asked her.

            “It is right across the street from your doctor.”

            I agreed and was fine with that, she ordered the pizza just in time. They were going to close shortly. So, while we waited we went out to the back yard to set up a fire pit. We used wood and cardboard to make that pit. We sat around the fire pit and my friend Christy came over and joined us. We just sat around talking and my mother comes out asking if I will go pick up the pizza. I agreed.

            “Then I kept asking her were exactly are they located and kept telling me and I still didn’t know because well I don’t pay attention to were I drive or what around while driving. She started to get frustrated and changed her mind.

            “I will go pick up the pizza. I don’t want you getting lost or having a fit because you couldn’t find it. So much for you driving and I buy.” She said.

            “No, I will go get it if you want me to I will figure it out.” I sated to her.

            “No I will do it just easier.” My mother said in an upset voice.

I never said it was a problem but my mother being who she is gets upset over everything. Diane said,

            “This is what I hate about your mother. She says one thing and then decides to do something and then gets upset about it.”

Diane kept talking; I just looked at the tall red flame drowning her out and thought to myself this is how my mother is and there is nothing I can do about it to change her. She is just crazy.

 

© 2014 Kate Ruta


Author's Note

Kate Ruta
ignore spelling and grammar mistakes

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on September 23, 2014
Last Updated on September 23, 2014

Author

Kate Ruta
Kate Ruta

CT



Writing
By the Sea By the Sea

A Poem by Kate Ruta


Pills Bread Pills Bread

A Story by Kate Ruta


Iceberg Iceberg

A Story by Kate Ruta