Facade

Facade

A Story by Kate Ruta
"

It is supposed to be a facade story for my fiction class again not that good and probably not a facade story. Sorry there no real title for it.

"

Finally, it was the end of the day for Emma and she was ready to go home and kick off her shoes. She quickly grabbed her havana brown briefcase and her black paten leather purse. Quickly gliding down the hall towards the elevator. Pressing the down button and waiting getting more and more annoyed she decided to take twelve flights of stairs down to the main lobby. Walking through the large main lobby her shoes making a taping sound on the light brown marble floors. Pushing herself through the spinning door, doing her usually once around and then out the door, moments later she calling a taxi to pick her up.

            As she gets into the cab she gives I’m a location outside of the city. Driving for an hour and half to get to her location, texting her friends and talking to the cab drive. He then would drop her off about two blocks away from her house. She would thank the drive and pay him leaving a nice tip. She would watch that yellow cab drive away and started walking towards her house once he made that turn. She does a fast paced walk down the two blocks getting to her house, realizing that the front gate was wide open and Coco was no longer their.

“He left the gate open and the dog escaped.” She said to herself.

            Emma was not happy and she could feel her face turning read like a ripe tomato and her lips tighten up and her teeth grinding. Emma continues to walk around in her four inch red heels going up and down the surrounding neighborhoods thinking to her self how much she is annoyed with her husband right now. About an hour later she decides to go home to see if her husband came home.

            Emma walked down the street seeing her husband Tommy drive down and pull into the driveway. She started to slightly run down the street and up the front path. Opening the blue door to the house. She quickly kicked off her shoes and ran into the kitchen waiting for Tommy to get into the house. Tommy opened the door and Emma already started at him.

“How could you? Why did you leave the front gate open? Coco has not disappeared and I can’t find her. You are so irresponsible.”

            Tommy not even through the door was like, what are you talking about. Emma keeps yelling at him saying,

“Coco is gone. I can’t find her. Was it so hard to close the gate behind you?”

            Tommy was looking at her confused and he finally said,

“Coco was still inside the house when I left this morning.” Tommy stated.

“No, Coco was outside this morning when I left. I didn’t let her out.” Emma kept yelling and arguing with Tommy.

            Tommy telling her it the same every morning, nothing changed. He always feed the dog and left through the kitchen garage door not the front. Those two arguing with each other and Tommy then manages to get Emma to admit she left and let the dog out, but Emma denies leavening the gate open because she closes the gate every morning. Emma was upset with Tommy and blamed him. Then Emma went upstairs and found Coco in the master bedroom, she told Tommy and still blamed him for not letting her out even though it is not the daily routine he does.

© 2014 Kate Ruta


Author's Note

Kate Ruta
ignore spelling and grammar

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on September 23, 2014
Last Updated on September 23, 2014

Author

Kate Ruta
Kate Ruta

CT



Writing
By the Sea By the Sea

A Poem by Kate Ruta


Pills Bread Pills Bread

A Story by Kate Ruta


Iceberg Iceberg

A Story by Kate Ruta