Falling

Falling

A Story by Katherine R.
"

A short story about my version of depression. Don't read if you are bothered/in danger of depression.

"
She sits there, alone, in the corner of her bed. She looks out the window at the rain falling down. Falling....

It keeps falling and she keeps watching, not really looking at anything in particular. Her soft blue eyes cloud with tears. Normally she would hold them back, but it was okay to let go this time. No one would see. She was sitting alone in the corner. All alone.

The tears fall, slowly, down her face. Falling just like the rain. She wonders briefly why she's still there. Why doesn't she just give up already? It's not like there's a point in her living anymore. She sighs.

She knows she won't end it. She's too scared. She always will be. But she wants to end it. She wants to end it so badly. She just wants to die, right now.

If only it were that easy. She lifts her left hand up to her right forearm. She digs her nails into her own flesh and smiles a dead smile as the pain sets in. She never bleeds when she does this, but the pain helps chase away the depression. It always helps.

She removes her nails from her arm and runs her hand along the marks she left there. She smiles again, it is a sad smile, a smile one makes when they have nothing to smile for. She continues to sit there, alone, in the corner of her bed, her smile fades and is replaced by a solemn frown. Her family would be asleep by now- she should be too- but she didn't care.

She continues to stare at the rain, falling like the tears on her cheeks. Her long brown hair falls into her face, covering her right eye. She leaves it there, it was normal for her. By now it was midnight, but she couldn't sleep. So she sat in the corner of her bed, watching the rain. Alone.

The girl lays her head on the wall behind her. She closes her eyes for a few seconds before reaching up to wipe away her tears. She is alone. Lost and alone. She always would be. Her only company is herself. Her only company is me. Because she and I are the same.

So I sit there, alone, in the corner of my bed. I look out the window at the rain falling down. Falling........


© 2014 Katherine R.


Author's Note

Katherine R.
No flames. And, yes, that girl there was me the whole time. While I don't normally sit in the CORNER of my bed, I do often stay awake at night, watch the rain, cry, etc.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was so saw, you own my tears right, Kath - this is really well written with such strong emotions. I hate that you feel like this and wish that life would bring some sunshine to your world; you're such an upbeat person... I'm sorry this is happening to you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Katherine R.

10 Years Ago

I'm glad I could make you cry XD

I'm fine at the moment, but they are times when I get .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 25, 2014
Last Updated on January 26, 2014
Tags: Depression, rain, me, fear, corner, tears, alone, falling

Author

Katherine R.
Katherine R.

About
I'm a new writer, but I'd still like to write novels and stuff. I'm a huge literature fan and I'm rather fond of poetry. But enough about that. So...I'm creative, secluded, depressed, and a little.. more..

Writing
Lonely Lonely

A Story by Katherine R.