Love Letter to the Past

Love Letter to the Past

A Story by Awake.&.Unafraid
"

A very personal peice. Deals with the struggle to move on and live in the moment. Please don't judge...I have enough people telling me that I need to let go. Sometimes it's not quite that simple.

"

If only the world really were ending, for it would be less painful than the matter at hand. I have heard it said many a time that we should love our fellow man now, while we have the chance. Each day I soldier on to live in the moment. Each day, my efforts are thwarted by subtle reminders of our last days. Tell me, how can I be so callous as to ask my heart to open its doors and let new love in, when all its rooms are already spilling over? No, these doors must remain locked. For if they were ever to open, I fear that our old love would run out.

 
Oh, dear past! If seems that I am the only one who has stayed faithful, your one true lover. In whispered cadences you speak to me, in tongues of familiar songs and prose. I reply with these tears and this simple letter, and with the mournful promise that the doors to my heart will never again open. 
 
For this day and for all those that will follow, I will demonstrate my most thorough and convincing caricature of love. But please darling, know…you will always be my only one. As for our time together, I have no regrets, for time spent in love is time well spent, no matter how short said time may be. Though the end of the world might seem close at hand, remember that we loved with all our hearts.
 
And oh, how we loved back then. The force of that much love would break even the strongest heart – we would not be the first innocent fools to fall prey to the shattering momentum of human emotion. Oh, dear past…how we loved while we still could.
 
 Writing to the dichotomous refrain of a marching band,
Forever Yours

© 2009 Awake.&.Unafraid


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

overblown.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
1 Review
Added on May 9, 2009
Last Updated on May 9, 2009

Author

Awake.&.Unafraid
Awake.&.Unafraid

Canada



About
Hey guys, I've gotten back into the swing of things and I'm writing again. Hope you can take a minute to read and review :) Also, I've created a contest, so if you're into the band The Used, .. more..

Writing