Black Widow

Black Widow

A Story by Phoenix Alleena

    A flash of brunette hair was visible just around the corner in the main foyer. She laughed a little, as he swayed slightly with the weight of thirteen drinks on his shoulders.

    “Too much champagne?” She thought. She smiled, a little too falsely. Not that he would notice, anyway.

    Drunkenly, he whispered, “Alana…I love you…”

Alcohol weaved in the air between his breath and her fresh air. She was appalled by his stature, and his very words. She smiled anyway, and clasped her flute of champagne a little tighter. 

    “You’re drunk, Nathan. You don’t even know what you’re saying.” She whispered maliciously in return. Her blue eyes burned and were sparkling in the dim light.

    “I’m not… I’m…not…” he insisted, but the dark circles under his muddy brown eyes proved otherwise. He stank, almost. The scent of cologne and alcohol was none too pleasant. She flipped her hair over her shoulder again, and smiled, downing the last of her drink. She could hear the pulse of the party behind her, all the money and music mingling in the ballroom. Nervously, she smoothed her glamorous gown of the finest, bright red fabrics.

    Then her fists clenched as the drunk, nearly groveling on her shoulder, kissed the edge of her jaw line. The music pounded in her ears as the fire seared threateningly in her eyes.

    A memory of a similar incident flashed in her mind, and she almost laughed. The last time this happened, it took a lot for it to go away. It didn’t take too much for her, though. She was like a permanent excuse. There was always an answer or justification for her, and there was always a million or so dollars laying around somewhere.

     She smiled, with the perfect shade of red lipstick accentuating, yet hiding her evil expression. She curled around the drunken fool, leading him in. She was the spider, and he was the prey caught in her web spun solely of lies and bribes. Softly, she made a motion to smash the crystal glass in her hand, and failed the first time. He was in the way, like always. She tried again, and succeeded, enjoying the sound of the glass shards exploding onto the floor. There was one long piece left attached to the handle she held. It shone in the dim light and a drop of venom fell from it to the floor.

    She was striking, a perfect shape, pale, thin and beautiful. Of course he would fall for it. Of course he would get stuck right in the trap she had spun for him. She ran her fingers through his hair a few times, and kissed him back. She was playing his game, trying to make this seem like nothing at all.

     Slowly, she raised the broken glass in her hand as the stupid, pitiful prey latched on to her. And then… a wave of blood crashed onto the glass, down his back and onto the floor in a crimson puddle. She laughed maliciously, twirling her hair with her fingers. She watched the crystal champagne glass stain red with the blood from the back of his neck. The large shard pierced all the way in, and a little shard pierced right next to it. She pulled the glass out of his neck with a sickening sound, and bent down, placing it in his hand.

    “I love you too, Nathan.” She said sarcastically, smirking. Satisfied, she turned to make her exit by walking gracefully down the corridor, heels clicking on the ornate, beautiful, and richly tiled floor. The clicking sounds of her shoes echoed a little as people gathered around the body in shock and upset. They began their frenetic uproar; as she made her way stealthily, yet glamorously out of their view.

    She didn’t care about what they had to say, or how much they cried. She didn’t care what this would mean for her family in the public eye. She didn’t even care if the police came. She wouldn’t get in trouble. In fact, she never got in trouble. Her family loved her so much. She had done it all before, and they had bailed her out. She smiled, and reached into her purse for her well-filled wallet.

    After all, money always would be the antidote to any venom.

 

© 2009 Phoenix Alleena


Author's Note

Phoenix Alleena
Ever wonder what's behind the scenes? Want
to know how they really live their lives?
They think they're above the rest... but
are they really any better than you or I?


--- Just some fiction for a contest I entered for fun at an easter event for the site:
http://www.roliana.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=118916&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0


AND No-- it's not usually that glitzy and weird around there.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

She smiled, a little too falsely.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It needs a little work, but I like the theme you've got going here. It's true, with money and power comes a complicated life.

A few of the descriptions were a bit contradictory. I can see the effect you're trying to create, the confident, beautiful, smooth, evil woman, but I think you were a little heavy on both ends. It's like sometimes she's the gorgeous woman, sometimes she's the malicious, icy queen. You need to try to merge those two identities into one.

Also, the phrase "burned and were sparkling" sounds a bit weird. Maybe "were burning and sparkling" or "burned and sparkled" would work better.

I realize there's a lot of criticism here, but don't get me wrong. It's a great piece. I just think there's room for improvement.

Posted 15 Years Ago


She smiled, a little too falsely.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

357 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2009
Last Updated on April 13, 2009

Author

Phoenix Alleena
Phoenix Alleena

Amarynth



About
Hello there! It's time to edit my profile, no? My name; it's Katie, A. Morton to be exact. There's nobody like me; for I am one in a myriad of others. ---- I'm an aspiring English Teacher / Autho.. more..

Writing