Ahem, still looking for a good title..

Ahem, still looking for a good title..

A Story by RaspberryBullets
"

<3

"

Laughing, I bend down and pick up the soggy dishtowel, only to launch it across the kitchen once more. Nate gives me a wicked grin as the cloth narrowly misses his head. “Oh that’s it, now you’re asking for it!” he says, and he’s right. This is the most fun I've had in weeks.

               Skipping across the wet floor he pins me against the cold wall. His fingers gently wrap around my wrists, locking me in place. His head is just tilting towards mine when we hear the back door slam, and light footsteps coming down the hall. He steps away from me, swearing. “I was supposed to have the dishes done before she got home,” he explains. I look to the sink, where a heap of dirty plates and cups sat, waiting to be washed. Right at that moment, Julia walks in carrying multiple shopping bags over each arm. Both Nate and I move to help her before the bags burst and we have an even bigger mess on our hands.

               Once the groceries have been safely set down on the bench, Julia looks around the kitchen; a slight frown forming on her motherly face. “Care to explain why my kitchen looks like a water park?” She asks us, eyeing Nate’s dripping hair.

               Nate looks at me, and I look at him. Unable to come up with a response, we just smile sheepishly at her. Giving us an amused look, Julia leaves the room.

Once she’s out of ear shot, Nate and I crack up.

Still giggling, I start the hot water and add detergent and the plates to the sink. Nate grabs an old mop from behind the fridge and starts to dry the floor, grinning.

               I’m scrubbing what looks like dried barbecue sauce from a green plate when I feel his arms wrap around my waist, pulling me against him. I turn my head and press my lips to his cheek, laughing as water runs from his soaked hair. “You look like a drowned rat,” I tell him. Giving me a mock offended look, Nate turns his head to the side, out of my reach.

© 2012 RaspberryBullets


Author's Note

RaspberryBullets
Another not finished story, looking for absolute honest reviews. Don't worry, I can take it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
G!o
This is honestly lovely it had me sinking in and wanting to read more and I'd love to read the whole story. This is great work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tis absolutely adorable!!!! Awesome job

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aww, this is like a little romance in our daily duties, and how that really makes life seem beautiful. I believe one should enjoy whatever they're doing, in the best way possible, and these two lovers seem content doing the dirty job with a little twist. Love your writing style, can't find a single flaw, and the story is brilliant. I would love to read more of this.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 23, 2012
Last Updated on May 23, 2012

Author

RaspberryBullets
RaspberryBullets

Australia



About
To whomever may or may not be perusing my profile - Hi, I'm Saskia. I am relatively young, thin but not sporty, an avid reader of trashy novels and an enjoyer of horse-back riding. I can match .. more..

Writing