Chapter 1: Beauty and Me

Chapter 1: Beauty and Me

A Chapter by Katy Penecil

It was about forty degrees celcius outside, a typical Californian sunny day, and the house was empty. Even though it was already mid september, the weather outside was definiteley more of a mid July. Mom and dad had taken my little brother Jeremy to the beach and said they wouldn't be back until late afternoon. I sat on bed drinking my lemonade and humming to a Katy Perry song on the radio. To be honest I never really liked Katy Perry, but this song was the only exception.

"And your gonna hear me roarrrr!" I began screaming from the top of my lungs

"Stop moving!" Emily shouted
" And for the record your voice sucks I'm sorry"

"You broke my heart Ems. I was considering in auditioning for American Idol" 

As I say this Emily squeezes my foot as if telling me to keep still.

"Ouchh" I moan

Since we had nothing better to do on a hot day like this, I had invited my bestfriend Emily over. She then randomly comes up with the idea of painting me a manicure saying I needed it for the school's annual fair on Wednesday. I really wanted red but she just kept nagging about painting them pink.

"So whose idea was the kissing booth anyway?" she asked finishing my first toe with a perfect stroke.

Our group to my dismay was in charge of the kissing booth at the fair. Everyone was already talking about it and it was something new that wasn't at any of the previous fairs.

"Kayla's idea" I answered sipping my lemonade, "She said it was the perfect excuse to makeout with hot guys"

"Really?"Emily asked looking up at me

"Yeah she even got a curtain to make sure the kissers got some privacy" I added chuckling

"This actually sounds interesting" Emily smiled dipping the brush into the bottle

"Well its too bad you won't be getting any kissing" I grinned back at her 

"Oh trust me I don't need it" she winked back

Me and Emily have been bestfriends since kindergarten. We sat next to each other in classes, shared our sandwiches during breaks, borrowed each others clothes, and went home together everyday. She was my neigbour, bestfriend, and practically my sister. I knew everything about her and we even bathed together once.

As we grew older Emily grew prettier and prettier. By the time we were in highschool, she was the hottest girl on campus and every guy wanted to be with her. I on the other hand, was just known as Emily's bestfriend. A simple brunette with hair that needed to be straightened everyday (or every hour), boring brown eyes, freckles on my cheeks (that I really hated), and a short figure. In contrast, Emily had straight blonde hair that hung low to her waist, pink cherry lips, and blue eyes that every single guy found irressistable. I was a dwarf standing next to her and even her b***s were big enough to hide my face.

Anyways, this my friends is how the hottest guy in school, Jessie Walters star football player/ rumored trouble maker/  ended up like all the other guys, falling for Emily. But unlike the other guys, he was the only one who was actually able to win her heart and become her boyfriend ( I mean who wouldn't like him back). Since then they've been the IT couple of the school and the most inlove couple I've ever seen. One whole year of no breakups and not even a fight. I have to admitt it, I envy Emily from time to time, I mean I never even went out with a guy. Maybe because they always ended up hitting on her...but still. It's kinda hard being the school's top model's bestfriend.

"All done! " Emily squeels breaking through my thoughts

I admired my hand turning it sideways and back. My nails were actually pretty and I wondered if I should start taking care of myself a little more often. I mean I do go to school wearing sweatpants every single day.

"Thank you Ems" I smiled at my bestfriend who looked as gorgeous as usual in her green tanktop.

"You my friend ... are meeting a guy at the fair" she demanded. " So make sure you look good"

"But..." I muttered 

"Come on Rachel! Its kind off fun to start going out on double dates! And when was the last time you went out with a guy?" she raises a blonde eyebrow

She got me there.

"Uh...uh...there was..." I stammered mumbling to myself.

"Exactly!" she said flipping her hair behind her shoulders

To be honest I didn't mind being single. It never ever bothered me. I had many other freinds besides Emily and sometimes I'd even just tag along with her and Jessie. Jessie and I were already very friendly with each other and he'd always make me laugh. I was completely wrong when I thought he was just like all the other guys Emily dealt with. Jessie was so friendly and fun to be with I don't know why he's been rumored to be a trouble maker from the first place. He'd always treat me right and Emily was glad that her bestfriend and boyfriend didn't want to break each others necks. Sometimes it felt like the three of us were bestfriends. They'd never make me feel left out and I was so happy for Emily. She really loved him so much and so did he. I couldn't find someone who would suit her better. 

"Okay maybe just a little bit of makeup will do" I whined giving in

"Oh yes yes yes!" Emily shouted jumping  up and down on my bed until she stumbled and fell down on the floor.

We both looked at each other and burst into laughter.  
-----------------------------

Jessie points his finger to my collar bone and I look down trying to see what had caught his attention. We were both standing on the front porch waiting for Emily to pack her stuff upstairs.

As I continue to look down stupidly, Jessie's finger then snaps up hitting my nose.

"Ouch! What was that for?!" I yell covering my nose.

He starts laughing like a little kid  and I just stand there glaring at him. Its been a while since we've talked alone. We're usually sitting around with Emily and other classmates. 

Even though Jessie always manages to look good, today he looked even better. His brownish hair had grown longer and his gray V shirt really matched the color of his eyes. They were gray like a wolve's eyes and even though Jessie was a nice guy, everything about him read dangerous. He was tall and muscular, confident and talkative. Girls in school loved his sexy jaw line and his secret weapon. The crooked smile.

" You're too vulnerable" he says in between laughs

" Beh...Shutup"
"Where are you guys going?" I ask

Out of the blue he suddenly decides to crash our girl time and pick up Emily to god knows where. But that was typical Jessie, all random and full of surprises. Jessie finishes laughing and stands up straight running his hands through his hair.

" I got these reservations at an awesome resteraunt by the beach" he grins showing off a pair of prefectly straight teeth

(Wow! Now that was romantic I thought)

"Does she know?" I asked raising my eyebrows

"Its a surprise" he smiled again. This time his eyes filled with excitement.

" Awwww! My two little love birds!"

At my weird compliment Jessie's smile turns into a straight line and he stares down at me like I was some old grandma.

"Im done!"

The door opens and Emily comes stumbling out holding her backpack on one shoulder and purse in the other. Her pijamas from last night were stuffed in and while upstairs she had obviously borrowed some of my lip-gloss and perfume.

Jessie's head snaps up and his gray eyes light up at the sight of Emily. He automatically flashes her one of his famous sexy smiles. "Hey babe"

Emily gives him a quick peck on the lips and races him to the car.

"Bye grandma" Jessie smirks

I laugh and roll my eyes. "Bye Romeo"

He pats my head and walks to the car opening the front door for Emily. As they start to what seems to be - making out; I just turn around smiling and head back inside.

Emily was right. Maybe I do need a boyfriend...


© 2015 Katy Penecil


Author's Note

Katy Penecil
What do you think will happen at the fair? Comment and give me your opinions below
TO BE CONTINUED

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on July 17, 2015
Last Updated on July 17, 2015
Tags: kiss, friendship, hotguy, popular, highschool, teenagers, love


Author

Katy Penecil
Katy Penecil

Lebanon



About
Aspiring 19 year old author ! New Account Fresh Start Young female adults and teenagers this is the place for you more..

Writing