Schmucks

Schmucks

A Story by Kay
"

A musing at Naked Clay Cafe coffee shop...

"
I think I like it when a coffee shop is busy and packed with people because it is the closest I get to witness and "interact" with humanity. In a way, it's these people -- these people I don't even know -- that renew my faith, that remind that I love life, celebrate it, enjoy it in all its shapes and forms. Despite the occasional destructive and pessimistic tendencies I witness in people, the good outweigh the bad, and these people are reminders, my white whales, the basis for my faith that humankind is not all that bad.

I look upon each and every individual, and I admire every one of them; and they don't even know it. Nor will they ever know that that one individual sitting in the corner typing away furiously and (probably) grinning to herself is writing about the inspiration and hope they bring me. Here's to them, LA KAYIM, VIVA, PROST! To you and to you and you as well... to life and all its flaws, to Fort Wayne and the birds and every building and schmuck I pass in the street: la kayim!

© 2008 Kay


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on March 15, 2008

Author

Kay
Kay

Fort Wayne, IN



About
An unknown individual in the midst of desolate country land whose sole purpose is to strive to be an artist... here's to us future starving artists. Viva! I prefer writing short passages, always fict.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Kay