Elusive

Elusive

A Poem by Kay

As the dream faded, she chased it - 

followed it down a rabbit hole into the center of the Earth,

grasped onto its magnificent tail for a fleeting moment of victory,

then watched it fly through the empty veins on the face of a cliff.

She could barely keep up, scrambling through layers of terrain,

tripping over her own ambition’s speed and carving up her skin.

She hunted it into the tops of trees, across dangerous rivers and roads;

she fell into mud, sticks, sadness and stones - she finally fell into her own blood. 

Her knees collapsed to the ground and she suddenly screamed to the sky:

the dream just kept floating away without turning to say “goodbye”.

© 2020 Kay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

'.. she suddenly screamed to the sky: - the dream just kept floating away without turning to say “goodbye”.

Such dreams grab the mind and take it to places where 'unreality' plays games. Whatever some people might think, we can't control such dreams any more than we can control the future. Have read this post three times and wonder how you felt when you first read it completed? It has touches of Alice plus the crazed Scandi winds plus streaks of absolute invention!

Posted 3 Years Ago


That is an objectively fantastic ending. The last four lines... exquisite. No cowshit, that's the good stuff.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Kay

3 Years Ago

Wow, thank you so much! =)
Very lovely poem, Kay. Dreams are wonderful, I think as we get older some dreams drift away while we change and grow and they become somewhat faded pictures in our minds, something sort of romantic.

Keep it up!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Kay

3 Years Ago

Hey Mark, it's wonderful to hear from you! Sorry I've been delayed with my replies lately, there's b.. read more
That's what happens when we literally hang on to our dreams. Some achieve what they set out to achieve, some accomplish more, but many are left disappointed. A good read.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


Kay

3 Years Ago

Hey Chris, hope you've been well dear! Thank you very much for your review! In pursuit of a dream, s.. read more
Sometimes the pursuit of dreams can lead us to great accomplishments, other times they can drive us to destruction. This one sounds like a tale of struggle and disappointment. Of course, if it led to that within which is the real source of dreams, it was worth it.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Kay

4 Years Ago

Thank you for your comments! =)
dreams can be like a beautiful butterfly, that just barely flies out of reach....takes us so many places in our minds and hearts....but the reality is that we only keep getting close to the dream and yet the net isn't quite long enough to catch it. Nicely done.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Kay

4 Years Ago

Hey Jacob, it's wonderful to hear from you! Thank you very much for your review! =)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 3, 2020
Last Updated on April 5, 2020

Author

Kay
Kay

United Kingdom



About
"Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindne.. more..

Writing
Amour de la Lune Amour de la Lune

A Poem by Kay


Solemn Sunday Solemn Sunday

A Poem by Kay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


He will be... He will be...

A Poem by Gee


Memorial Memorial

A Poem by Gee


Biting Back Biting Back

A Poem by Bubo