Frustration

Frustration

A Story by Kaya
"

Better things to do anyway

"

It teased, tormenting her endlessly as it flashed on the screen. It almost spoke to her, almost offered her a begging and then refused to let it slip out. Her fingers hovered over the keys, too afraid to make that one first tap that would determine whether the words cascaded onto the page or stopped with that first sentence, stilted and dead.


Logically, writing didn't work like that. Logically you just started writing and you’d find your inspiration hidden the in the first few minutes of absolute trash. She didn't understand why it had to be so hard for her. Characters didn't live in her head like they did for other people, plot fell onto the page ready-made from a part of her mind she was fully unaware of; the words a surprise to her as she read them.


Only today it wasn't working. Today no amount of silent begging was moving her fingers to translate the air around them into words. Of course that could have something to do with the lack of sleep she’d had last night. She’d lain awake dreading her interview with the landlord tomorrow to get a renewed lease. It could have something to do with the stress three weeks of not writing had gathered up. Being this desperate to write was almost a block in itself; she could hear the insidious whisper in her head. You’re done. You were never that good at this in the first place.


She groaned, praying for the words to come already, to extricate themselves from the cobwebs and jump through her fingers into world. Glaring at her fingers, she begged them to move, to type anything. Nothing; she swore, slamming the screen shut and walking away.


She had more important things to do anyway.

© 2012 Kaya


Author's Note

Kaya
Hey Guys... I hate writers block so much!!! Very stuck for inspiration but i figured something was better than nothing... Let me know what you think!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I absolutely love this piece of writing! It has an amazing flow, which is kind of ironic considering that you're talking about not being able to put ideas down on paper. There's so much here that I think other people can relate to, and you've created such a clear picture of the woman and her emotions. I love the metaphors and description of this piece, it's fabulous. Great work! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow, I know the feeling! Iv'e been there a lot over the past few weeks..

I love the irony in this piece; how you wrote something so beautiful and relatable about not being able to write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kaya

11 Years Ago

Thank you, I was actually kind of amused at the irony myself... I wrote this in an absolute fit of f.. read more
Well... you just wrote something. Clever, too. Doesn't that count?

"You’re done. You were never that good at this in the first place." - definitely NOT true!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I have been there! Maybe i live there? :0(

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kaya

11 Years Ago

It drives me crazy!! I just want to write.. But I know the feeling... i'm beginging to wonder If I'l.. read more
soliloquy

11 Years Ago

You will! Just relax and write something simple, maybe a sentence. Then add a little. Don't s.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 27, 2012
Last Updated on November 27, 2012

Author

Kaya
Kaya

Brisbane, Qld, Australia



About
Hey Guys, I just remembered about this website when my old computer came back online. I left writing and moed on to pole dancing, but, as embarrassing as reading through my old work feels, I want .. more..

Writing
Hidden Past Hidden Past

A Story by Kaya


Anzac Anzac

A Poem by Kaya