Reflections

Reflections

A Poem by Kayli Alyssa

I feel like I'm a deep person. Nobody sees it though. But in a way, the way others see you is kind of like looking in a mirror. Sometimes you see what you want to see, you see beauty, as others would see in your soul.. But sometimes you are dissaponted in the reflection.. You wish you would become someone else. But you dont see what you are or can become in the simple form of a reflection. Our emotions are like the weather, stormy at times and bright at others, no matter what our emotion we will never know our reflection in others eyes. We're swimming in a pool of risk, we wont ever see whats underneath the water because we fear whats underneath. Most others wont either, not because they cant, but just because they wont look beneath the surface. For all we know there could be gold, or glass. Stepping in either could be up to anyone. It's all about the risk we put into trusting new people. We let others create an image of ourselves that will be perceived as imperfect in our own eyes. Before we do that we have to trust ourself.. And we do that by believing that the reflection we see in the mirror is everything we were supposed to become and even if it shows us something we dont like its for the best. And we must accept that and see that before anyone else can.

© 2012 Kayli Alyssa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

deep & quite personal really. I feel some sadness yet some truthfulness in your write, nicely written.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 5, 2012
Last Updated on June 5, 2012
Tags: Reflections, life, confusing, love, others, mirror, yourself, confidence, loving, love yourself, judging, hurtful, trust

Author

Kayli Alyssa
Kayli Alyssa

Writing
Books Books

A Poem by Kayli Alyssa