The Genesis

The Genesis

A Chapter by Kay Salisu Titilola
"

When Will and Gilbert started developing an act of Science.

"
Gilbert was just coming from where his father sent him, he was carrying a box in his right hand and a polythene at the other hand.
Will, who was his younger brother saw him from the distance and ran to meet him. He collected the box from his brother and started a conversation with him.
"Gilbert, where do you got this from?"Will asked.
"It is the tools that dad sent me to collect from Mr. Bill." He replied.
"what's in it." Will eagerly asked.
"dad told me not to open it. So, I kept on to his words." The little man explained.
"what about the one in the polythene you are carrying?" Will figured out another question.
"I bought it on my way. It is a pineapple that is inside it." He answered.
"Wow! I like pineapples, I'll make sure I eat to my satisfaction today." His brother exclaimed.
When they were about to get to the door of the house, he told his brother to go back to what he was doing, while he himself entered into the house.
Getting into the house, he met his father sitting down on a chair which was right behind the entrance door of the house, meditating on a newspaper. He greeted him and told him the result of the short journey. And later handed to box over to him.
"But dad, what is in this box?" He asked.
"Son, this is not the right time to ask this question. I will tell you when the time comes." his father replied and paused for some seconds. When Gilbert was about turning around to go, he shouted out to him; "Mind you, don't forget what I told you we are going to do in the evening."
"Okay dad, I'll put it in mind." Gilbert answered. Then he left his father's present and head out towards the exits door.
Out in the afternoon sun, Will was there behind a tree where he was constructing a car model. He was busy doing this, with his face watered with sweat.
Gilbert, who was just coming out of the house saw him from the distance and shook his head, in a pitiful way towards this action of his brother.
He later walked up to meet him under the tree and asked him what he was doing.
"I am constructing a toy car." Will answered.
"Really?" Gilbert asked.
"Yea, you'll see that I'll do it and it is going to work." Will ensured his brother.
Gilbert continued to look at him as his little brother was doing this, sitting on a log which was there beside the tree.
When it comes to a point, Will unveiling assignment which seems to have been completed started to give him problem, because it couldn't move by itself. So he started to look for a solution for the unknown problem, looking all over it to know what the problem really is.
His elder brother, who was watching him spoke up when he saw that his little brother has tried his possible best..
................continued..... Mmm


© 2016 Kay Salisu Titilola


Author's Note

Kay Salisu Titilola
Please, i need your comments as you read this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Its interesting, but I had more curiosity about the box itself....what was it made of shape form color etc.....Also I would try not to mention Gilbert's name for every line in which he says or perform an action, instead use other references to appoint him. Other than that I really would like to see what's in the box :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kay Salisu Titilola

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I appreciate your comment. I'll take to your advice and do the adjustment.
Mr.Night

8 Years Ago

No problem, I am new on this site hope you get to read some of my current work as well. But Keep up .. read more
Kay Salisu Titilola

8 Years Ago

I'll follow you up.👍👍
I'll try and continue the writing tonight.



Reviews

'The Genesis'
Kay Salisu Titilola,
This was a delight to read. The process of daily life as an opening chapter is a wonderful way to start a story. You have plenty of descriptive words. That is good. I see you as a story teller. I sometimes find with myself that another reading of my writing to take out unnecessary words to be helpful to a satisfactory end result. I hope you enjoy the process but by this story I can tell you do. Is this written form your own life? It is really interesting. I look forward to reading some more.
Blessings to you sir.
Kathy


Posted 4 Years Ago


Its interesting, but I had more curiosity about the box itself....what was it made of shape form color etc.....Also I would try not to mention Gilbert's name for every line in which he says or perform an action, instead use other references to appoint him. Other than that I really would like to see what's in the box :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kay Salisu Titilola

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I appreciate your comment. I'll take to your advice and do the adjustment.
Mr.Night

8 Years Ago

No problem, I am new on this site hope you get to read some of my current work as well. But Keep up .. read more
Kay Salisu Titilola

8 Years Ago

I'll follow you up.👍👍
I'll try and continue the writing tonight.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 4, 2016
Last Updated on February 5, 2016


Author

Kay Salisu Titilola
Kay Salisu Titilola

Ijebu ode, Ijebu ode, Nigeria



About
Just trying to reveal to the world about my point of view about life. What I think life is and How I think we can overcome. Through my experience and challenges in life, I've been able to figure ou.. more..

Writing